1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What works with Phoenix browser?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bellgamin, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Thread Starter

I am testing out the Phoenix browser. It runs on the gecko engine, like Mozilla, but it's greatly slimmed-down.

I'm looking for two types of programs that will work well with Phoenix. Namely:
    * a cookie manager
    **a download manager

If you know of a good candidate for either or both of the above needs, please let me know.

Of course, Phoenix has its own forum. Problem is, it's part & parcel of the Mozilla forum. On my very first day visiting that forum, I accidentally posted a Phoenix question under a Mozilla topic [at age 72, my eyes sometimes skip a line when there's fine print].

Some fellow from the Netherlands flamed me something awful for that mistake. I don't handle that sort of attack very well nowadays, so I came limping back to you folks with my questions. :(

Any help would be appreciated.

peace unto you all..........bellgamin

2. DVOM

DVOM

This won't answer your question but I found this page of extensions/plugins yesterday.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Thread Starter

Good stuff, DVOM! Thanks a lot.

As you expected, that list of goodies doesn't offer download or cookie help. Nevertheless, it has some other really great stuff & I'm delighted with the info.

In light of the fact that, thus far, you're the only one at TSG to reply to this request, I have become increasingly convinced that the programs I seek do not exist. Also, I did a search at download.com & webattack -- two of my "old faithfuls" -- & came up zilch; so it looks like Phoenix is still a peripheral browser as far as software authors are concerned.

I think that, over time, Phoenix will grow in popularity -- despite the presence of trolls such as the fellow who flamed me on their forum.

Again, thanks for your help..............bellgamin

4. DVOM

DVOM

Phoenix has got it's own cookie manager. That link I provided has this local host URL for it and other advanced prefs:

chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul

Open that up and stick it in your favorites.

Edit: There's also somewhat of a download manager included there. Also, looks like you'll have to copy and paste that URL into your address bar.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice