1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What would be a good price?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kevin19, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kevin19

kevin19 Thread Starter

I am thinking of selling my current machine to a relative and building my own. My relative just wants a half-decent PC as the one he has is very poor, but i'm not sure how much to ask for my machine.

These are the specs for my machine :-

AMD Athlon 798MHz CPU
    384MB SDRAM
    Toshiba DVD-ROM/CD-RW
    NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro (built into motherboard)
    56k Modem
    Windows ME

If anyone has any knowledge of buying/selling second-hand PC's and has any advice, let me know :cool:

Kevin

2. stanggt2

stanggt2

if it is just the tower without the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or speakers I would sell it for about $200-$250 but I have seen people TRY to sell them for more

3. Peaker

Peaker

Hi,

I would be tempted to sell this system for about £380-£480. It sounds like a good sturdy system able to run most things easily. Make it about £400 if you like the relative and £480 if you don't.

Hope this info helps. Don't sell it for $250 dollars!!! that's only about £120 :D

Thanks,

Peaker.

4. stanggt2

stanggt2

I would not sell it for more than more than $250 because I just built a new 1 ghz for $350 with about the same stuff

5. Peaker

Peaker

Hi Stan,

You have to remember that we live in "Rip off Britain". Stuffs not so inexpensive over here. Even the things we make in this country and export are more expensive here??!! $350 would about cover the cost of a decent monitor, case, mouse and keyboard and maybe a comfy chair; if were lucky.

Cheers,
    Peaker.:p

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/76267

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice