what would be a safe speed to over clock my card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shadow689

hi i have a ati 9800 pro, i was just wonderin how much i could over clock it w/o really having to worry about an burnout.
i have an asus a7n8x deluxe, 1 gig of ram, 2.1 ghz amd atlon xp 2600+. plz help if u need more info just ask and explain how to get. ty :D

sorry wrong place D:

Well, overclockers.com has some good info on that, go to video cards and performance.
From my experiece, the best way to overclock a video card is 2 dl a demo of ut2k3, or 3dmark2001SE for a few mins at a resolution of around 1280 by 1024, while highering the core and/or memory speed one notch at a time.
REMEMBER: Video cards are VERY easily damaged by overclocking, so don't oush it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts