1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what would be a safe speed to over clock my card

Discussion in 'Games' started by shadow689, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow689

shadow689 Thread Starter

hi i have a ati 9800 pro, i was just wonderin how much i could over clock it w/o really having to worry about an burnout.
    i have an asus a7n8x deluxe, 1 gig of ram, 2.1 ghz amd atlon xp 2600+. plz help if u need more info just ask and explain how to get. ty :D

sorry wrong place D:

2. scmazter

scmazter

Well, overclockers.com has some good info on that, go to video cards and performance.
    From my experiece, the best way to overclock a video card is 2 dl a demo of ut2k3, or 3dmark2001SE for a few mins at a resolution of around 1280 by 1024, while highering the core and/or memory speed one notch at a time.
    REMEMBER: Video cards are VERY easily damaged by overclocking, so don't oush it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!