1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what would you recommend?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by doodlebug22, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doodlebug22

doodlebug22 Thread Starter

which anti-virus, firewall would you install on to your computer for the best protection?!

thank you for your help :D

2. Sponsor

3. blaze_spirit9999

blaze_spirit9999

I recommend Kaspersky but I can't say it is the best antivirus. Which is the best antivirus? it is depend on your need.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    for a virus checker ,i recommend Avast.com , its free for non commercial use - antivirus to friends, family and there friends who often ask

AVG - is also vey good

The one I see recommend here a lot is
    NOD32
    but its not free

5. doodlebug22

doodlebug22 Thread Starter

Thanks, i shall have a look around. You see i had AGV installed on my old laptop... and that was a wicked piece software to use, but the only thing i didnt like about the anti virus was to repeatedly updating it, i had to update the main database at least once a day..

Ive never heard of NOD32.. but it looks neat..

what are your views on the windows live onecare?

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Yea thats why I have been replacing avg with avast - it updates automatically and a lot of my friends where getting into difficulties with the AVG update and putting the pro version on as a demo by mistake each time the system was updated

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice