What's a good e-mail program?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gibby26

I've used Outlook for years, but lately I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird. I've had trouble sending emails with attachments, so I called Earthlink (my ISP). They said thunderbird is an older version of Netscape and I should download and try Netscape. I have tried several times to download it, but it has failed every time. Not sure what's the problem with that.

Does anyone have an idea of a good e-mail program? I've liked Thunderbird because it's easy to set up various address books, folders, etc.

Thanks -

gibby26

Have you tried the 0.8 (new) version of Thunderbird. It's not an "old version of Netscape" -- it's based on Netscape.

I've heard some people like Eudora Mail -- there is a free version that does not do as much as the full version.

That might be a stretch to say Thunderbird is an old ver. of Netscape but to your question.
You probably will only hear this from me but my choice for years has been Incredimail. I have not had any problems with it.

gibby26

Shadowcat:

I downloaded 0.8 Thunderbird and now it says it can't find my pop server. This is freaking maddening! Can't imagine whats going on.

gibby26

Are you running a firewall? (SP2?)

(You probably did this already...) Did you check the STMP configurations?

gibby26

Not sure how it happened, but I called Earthlink (my ISP) and went over all my settings. Finally got it figured out - settings were off, maybe when I had to use a dial-up last week instead of my normal dsl. In any event, now things are fine. Thanks for the help, as usual.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online