1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's a good free Anti-Virus program?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by blackecho, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blackecho

blackecho Thread Starter

Are there any good and legally free Anti-Virus programs? I've looked on google and it gave me a bunch of results, but I'm not sure which one to use. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. RandyG

RandyG

3. blackecho

blackecho Thread Starter

i'm trying avg right now. it seems cool. do you know if it will protect as well as norton or mcafee?

4. blackecho

blackecho Thread Starter

holy freaking crap!!! this is some hot shiznit. AVG Anti-Virus just detected seven trogans and viruses that Mr. Norton and his Systemwork's passed up. Hell ya. This is some good stuff, I will recomend it to everyone!

5. RandyG

RandyG

yeah, my latest Norton subscription runs out in about 3 weeks . . . I'm not renewing;):D

6. beyonder527

beyonder527

Anyone there know a bit more about AVG? I was initially impressed w/ it when I downloaded it 5 months ago, however, me being a clod I transfered some viruses to it's vault, cleaned and restored all except for 1. For the life of me I can't figure how I did it back then. Please instruct me. Thanks. :cool:

7. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi there,well after its run,if it finds anything it can heal it does and no further action is required by you,if it cant heal whatever it suggests the action to take and all you need to do is click the button on display.....to my mind it IS the best Anti-Virus around....and remember it is free.....its never failed me yet long live AVG

8. blackecho

blackecho Thread Starter

cool. so ya'll think that it's detection of viruses matches that of norton or mcafee?

9. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Well blackecho, as far as Im concerned its as good if not better than any others,no doubt now we will have lots of people putting forward their reasons for choosing different Anti-Virus programs,Ive tried the others you have mentioned over the years and do not find them any better than AVG and you have to pay for them....Ive had my share of viruses over the years and Avg has dealt with them satisfactorily so YES my vote goes to AVG :D

10. jim71653

jim71653

panda software also has a good antivirus download as well as an online active scan that you can use remotely

11. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219601

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice