1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whats a good Motherboard to upgrade to???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 311Sam, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 311Sam

311Sam Thread Starter

Hello there,
    Im fixin to upgrade my computer and i will also be upgrading the mobo too. I was looking at the asus p4pe board but then i found out about that "cold boot" problem where after the computer has been off for a few hours it wont boot back up. Now im looking at the gigabyte GA-8PE667. It is also based on the PE chipset. It looks like a good buy to me. Im trying to stay in the $100-$120 range. Is the GA-8PE667 a good board to buy or is there a better one then that for the same price? Any opinions??

Thanks for the help!
    Sam

2. Crylynx

Crylynx

Hi There 311Sam :)

I don't know what country your from - cause money diff's can mean alot when it comes to buying. I'm running a 1 month old SOYO SY-P4X400 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition and I've never been so happy :D This board is awsome, it was last years motherboard of the year - a little pricy though I paid $300.00 Canadian for it. But if you ever plan on putting a window in your computer for you and for show it's a nice lookin' board also.
    Here's the link to this board if your interested http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=159

Have fun decidin'
    **Crylynx**

3. slipe

slipe

I’m partial to Gigabyte because of their dual BIOS – all other things being equal. It doesn’t have Firewire but USB 2 is sufficient if you aren’t going into digital video. It seems to have all the bells and whistles and the PE is a solid choice for chipsets. http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/20021209/index.html The 4X AGP wouldn’t bother me but serial ATA would be nice.

I’m waiting for Gigabyte’s SIS 655 based board to become available but it will be overpriced when it is first released. They are expected out this month. I like the dual DDR setup, so I’m willing to pay a little extra.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117820

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice