Whats a good motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

urikorulzs2

ok i need to get a new mobo. it has to support SATA, must have an AGP slot, about 4 or more pci slots, support a socket 462 processor,wouldnt mind it having a pci express slot if possible.
whats going in it is a sempron 3000+ 2.0GHz processor, 1GB of ram, 2 SATA 160GB hard drives, a 6ch 5.1 surround sound sound card, and 2 DVD-RW's, and a FX5900XT.
i feel i might be leaving something out, but if not thats all then.

My personal favorite motherboard for socket-A was the Abit AN7. it is well known as one of the best socket-A motherboards ever made. it has the nvidia nForce2 chipset, one AGP 8X slot and 5 PCI slots

That's my recommendation

as far as PCI-express in concerned, I don't think that you could find any socket-A mobo with a PCI-E slot. That video interface is the newest and fastest, but socket-A is 3 generations behind the current AMD socket (AM2)

good luck :)

Triple6

Rob
I think all socket A/462 CPU's and motherboard have been discontinued, you just have to find a retailer that still has some from stock.

I know it's discontinued. I had assumed that you realized that socket-A is an old socket type and that nothing is made for it anymore. as triple6 already mentioned all socket-A hardware is discontinued. hardware manufacturers have long since moved onto newer platforms.

after socket-A (642), AMD made socket-754, then socket-939, and the current socket-AM2.

the best place to find socket-A hardware (and any other older platforms) is Ebay. you can find some socket-A mobos on retailers like newegg, but they don't have any of the better models left.

urikorulzs2

yea i 4got about that. what about the msi kt880 delta fsr board. would that be a good replacement?

urikorulzs2 said:
yea i 4got about that. what about the msi kt880 delta fsr board. would that be a good replacement?
it looks good to me. i never used one, but MSI makes good boards.

urikorulzs2 said:
Also, Whats the best Dual Core Supported mobo u would suggest.
for what socket type?

Here is a system my buddy has..

System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: American Megatrends
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.80GHz
Memory: 224MB RAM
Page File: 151MB used, 1673MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: /Silent
DxDiag Version: 4.09.0000.0902 32bit

Anyways the AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core processor 3800 should be way better than the other one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online