1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's a good user-friendly backup utility?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by diablo75, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diablo75

diablo75 Thread Starter

I've been using Cobain backup on a few of my clients computers but I'm trying to find something that's a bit simpler. It needs to be able to backup over a Windows network to a drive that's being shared from another PC as well as allow me to specify custom folders and backup application data such as outlook express email boxes and other database files that might be burried in App Data/Local Settings without including all the junk that doesn't need to be backed up. A recurring problem I run into with Cobain backup is it's not obeying my exclusion rules. This client in particular is very... well, I just need to be able to say to them, "Yes... EVERYTHING is being backed up." The problem is that it's including too much stuff, namely temporary files which produces error messages during the actual backup because they'll go missing after the baseline inventory at the start and they don't want to see any error messages show up every day. Any suggestions?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Are they on a network with a server? It is folly to leave any of this up to an end user as it will never happen if they are left to manage it. If you want to make sure their stuff is being backed up redirect their stuff to the server and back that up. Never leave it up to the end user.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice