What's accessing my A: drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lottotx

Anyone know how I can track down what keeps trying to read my 3.5" drive? No error messages but it's annoying and slows down the machine. I've tried detecting a pattern as to when it happens but no dice as it happens very randomly. Virus and malware scans come back clean and it's running XP pro. I can't disable the drive as I still use it regularly. Any suggestions are appreciated.

ozziebeanie

Serena
If possible are you able to put in another one to see if it happens with another drive?

DoubleHelix

Banned
I highly doubt the problem is with the drive. Some program is clearly accessing it. Finding out what that is will require a process of elimination. Start with security programs (anti-virus, anti-malware, etc.). Disable or stop the programs one at a time until you find the program.

ozziebeanie

Serena
I only suggested it because it happened to me once, figured if it happened once it could happen again, since then I have stopped using them though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online