1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's cheaper: colour laser with genuine ink or colour inkjet with ink compatibles?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OM2, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OM2

OM2 Thread Starter

What's cheaper: colour laser with genuine ink or colour inkjet with compatible inks?

I'm happy to invest in buying a colour laser: but I can't find any refills for lasers
    At least they don't seem to be widely available

So, my choice is: colour laser + genuine inks or colour inkjet + compatible inks

From what I know, side by side: laser's are cheaper
    But, how about when compared to genuine laser ink to compatible colour inkjet inks?

I should stress that for me needs, I am not overly concerned if using compatibles doesn't give me perfect results - just close as possible is fine for me

What's more important probably is speed of print at highest quality

ANY feedback would be great

Thanks

OM

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Finding Compatible Remanufactured Color Toner cartridges can be dicey. While they may be available, the problem may end up being the company tht does the remanufaturing. It is also dependant upon the model printer you get. I have noticed that the savings on my Black Canon X-25 toner cartridge is only about $12 lower than the cost of a Factory original cartridge. There are sites that I would save up to $30 per cartridge, but part of this is eaten up by the shipping charges. For my toner cartridge, I am about 1/2 mile from the store that does nothing but ink and toner refill services, and their garauntee thier cartridges 100%. In 3 years I have only had to return one cartridge and it was an HP #17 Color cartridge.

Now per page printing cost on a laser is much cheaper than on an inkjet. Though the printer cost itself is usually much higher for a Laser. Personally I use the laser much more than than my Inkjet, but I do use the inkjet for all color printing. But then 95% of my printing is monochrome text.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!