Tech Support Guy banner
3,861 - 3,880 of 6,601 Posts
Oh Dotty. when's the last time you did a stir fry, that too, was one of your specialties (n)
and I'll try no to reminisce about your breakfast :cool:
I do a stir fry at least once or twice a week, particularly in the cold months as I like 'em hot and spicy, sometimes sweet with plenty of chilli sauce.
Today's was spicy with chopped frankfurters, veggies, a smattering of yellow mustard, a rainbow of colours on my plate, just as I like it

Was reheating some home made veggie beef soup I had in the frozener the other night, and thought it need a little some thing.
So added a thing or two, thought "much better."
But I did I stop there?
Nope, doctored it to death :(
Well that happens sometimes...when you're playing Doctor with your food, it some times helps to have a qualified nurse nearby :D

So playing it safe, I teleported one of Cookiegal's chicken pot pies to my freezer, and it's going directly into the oven.
It's kinda weird, it came with some sort of a packaging box and interior tray with heating directions and all...
Good job Karen, and thanks very much!!
I'm sure it looks exactly like the picture you printed on your freezer stash:D

I've noticed many who live anywhere but the UK tend to cook more than we do (y)

Today was chocolate cake! :D
I cook maybe 3 times a week. Most days are yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, nuts, and an occasional scrambled egg for breakfasts and night snacks...with dinner being a cooked meal, or leftovers from cooked meals. Monday night is dollar taco day at local restaurant. Lunch...what is lunch?

Discussion starter · #3,870 ·
I teleported one of Cookiegal's chicken pot pies to my freezer, and it's going directly into the oven.
It's kinda weird, it came with some sort of a packaging box and interior tray with heating directions and all...
Well I did that especially for you Randy. :D

Yeah, the ultimate comfort food. They are a bit of work but well worth it in the long run. :)
I agree, but I want you to notice I did replace the teleported one in your freezer...I'm not exactly a thief, I just stole your idea for a comfort meal :D
And wished it was home made!

Curious as to your real stash there Karen, how do you revive your home made pot pies from the freezer?
M-wave or oven, what temp and how long?

There are few comfort items I make, but it seems I can't make just one or two servings worth...they somehow turn into a large batch! Some of which freezes well.
Chili, meat sauce for pasta, chicken casserole (not pot pie per se, but close) and some soups like the veggie beef one I recently ruined... they turn out a little different each time, and end up with enough to share.
most of the time the shared reaction is (y)
but I actually welcome positive criticism, though it's too late for that batch :rolleyes:

Discussion starter · #3,874 ·
how do you revive your home made pot pies from the freezer?
M-wave or oven, what temp and how long?
Nah, I don't like to microwave them, if too long it can make the pastry rubbery. I thaw them first and then pop them in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.

Discussion starter · #3,877 ·
comfort items I make
I make what I call simmered beef which is basically stew without the vegetables. It has a rich, tasty sauce and I can always add veggies and serve it as stew, serve it over noodles for a "sort of" Beef Bourgignon or just eat it like that with mashed potatoes or rice. It's quite yummy.
and some soups
I love homemade soup. I usually make a hearty vegetable soup or a beef barley and another one I love is cream of broccoli.

3,861 - 3,880 of 6,601 Posts