Tech Support Guy banner
501 - 520 of 6,601 Posts
And I can begin to say for dinner tonight I went out and treated two people to a meal, and I had:

Starter:

assiette de charcuterie

Confit of belly pork with gravy, black pudding with cider jelly, pork spring roll,hoi sin sauce, pork rillette, pickled vegetables

Main:

Steak de chevreuil au chocolat

Grilled venison steak from the West Highland Scottish stalking estates, red wine & dark chocolate sauce, celeriac chips & beetroot ketchup,

I know, but never had it, so curious ;)

Desert

Coupe a la glace de rose

Turkish delight ice cream,ginger poached pear & pistachio cup cake

--------

All very nice, excellent food. Won't shock you with how much, but when the bill came, I paid and he opened the booklet and said 'Oh, real cash!!' as most pay by card :p

Discussion starter · #520 ·
Well I WAS going to have pork chops in cream of mushroom soup but went to the pantry and....no mushroom soup. :(

So I had to improvise and browned the chops in margarine, garlic and thyme and stirred up some onion soup mix with some flour and two cups of water, poured that over the little buggers, threw the whole mess into the oven for 1-1/2 hours, then served it with carrots, turnips and mashed potatoes and.......it was deeeeeelishus! Something that I will definitely make again. :)

501 - 520 of 6,601 Posts