1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's going on with my built in webcam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BriHar91, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BriHar91

BriHar91 Thread Starter

ummm hello lol im a new member to this site and I hope someone can help me with my webcam issue. I recieved a Dell XPS One Desktop as a gift for christmas and just yesterday tried to turn on my built in webcam to video chat on AIM. When I confirmed the chat I could hear my partner and they could hear me but the only thing i could see was a black screen for the picture. I updated my AIM to the newest available software and had the same result. I then downloaded Skype to my computer and the sound and microphone test cleared but when i did the video test it recognized my built in webcam but when they asked me to do a snapshot it still was just the black screen. I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I don't know whether my webcam is turned off or if there is a hardware or software issue. PLEASE HELP!!!

2. BriHar91

BriHar91 Thread Starter

oh yea when i read the manual they said a blue light should display behind the built in webcam but last night there was no light

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/847161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice