1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

whats going on??????????

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by aftermath81, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aftermath81

aftermath81 Thread Starter

frst of all im new to forums so wasnt sure weather to post his here or in internet..

i have been trying to find this out for three weeks but nobody can help me so i thought i would try here.
    3 weeks ago i bought a laptop, if i go to a website where you are able to upload a picture to your profile,i cant upload pics at all. i keep getting near enough the same message from various sites saying the images are not jpeg,and to please try again using jpeg files.
    the thing is, all my pictures ARE jpeg images!
    im thinking it has to be a setting on my laptop because if i go on my husbands desktop i am able to upload the same pictures with no problems.
    all i can tell you is on my laptop i have norton, ad muncher, and pop up blocker all running,the cookies are enabled,as is java script,and my firewall is on. i had the same settings on my old desktop and never had a problem! is there anyone out there that could help me? thankyou...
    ps, i am on the verge of taking the laptop back because for £799 i should be able to do a simple task like upload a picture!!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    are they the same files as on your husbands PC

how where they created ? ie what software etc

3. aftermath81

aftermath81 Thread Starter

yes they are the exact same files, they were either taken with our cell phones or with the digital camera, i have used the same images to upload to the sites i am having problems with on my old desktop, its just on my laptop where i am having problems

4. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi & welcome to TSG.

Not sure what OS you are using. As a troubleshooting test, I'd create a new user on your laptop and see if it works to upload the pics through the new user account. That will narrow your problem if it does work.

Hope that helps. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice