1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's Involved?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Temagami, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Temagami

Temagami Thread Starter

I've made a few sites for a few people and now someone has asked me to set up an osCommerce site. What's involved in putting credit card ordering ability on a site? Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

2. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

There is a lot involed. You need to create a secure enviroment with scipts that have MySql injection protection in, authenticate using pictures, questions, card numbers and other personal details so people dont become victims of fraud. These are just some of the things, and they dont even touch on ecryption :D. You could always take a look at using paypal to handle transactions, but hey normally charge a small fee.

3. lumentec

lumentec

You'll either have to go directly through PayPal, or get your own Dedicated IP and SSL cert (~$110/yr). I prefer to use the PayPal cart as opposed to the OsCommerce cart. Either way you'll have to verify your account with PayPal, which means you'll need a valid credit card.

Look in the admin panel where it has payment options or on the OsCommerce website for more information.

4. Temagami

Temagami Thread Starter

Well, I have a paypal account and I have built a site using the Pay Pal Shop builer - simple and looks great! However, I did not add any visa or mastercard to it. So PayPal can handle all the credit card stuff too? Does the buyer have to have a paypal account to use his/her credit card?

5. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

No, The end user can pay directly from their credit card or pay from their paypal account.

Usually the check out page looks somewhat similar to this layout.

CREDIT CARD PURCHASE | PAYPAL LOGIN

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice