1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's Missing??

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by buf, Apr 17, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. buf

buf Thread Starter

A few days ago I posted a couple of words about the tooltips being distracting. I also said some good words about the newness of this board :p
    I customarily use IE5.5 but today I am using Opera 7.23 to browse the board and I don't get those tooltips. What does IE have that Opera does not have that causes the tooltips to appear? Just curious. And I still like the change to the board and good work to all who had a part in the changes (y)

2. hewee

hewee

What tooltips was that?

But IE has ActiveX

3. buf

buf Thread Starter

When I am browsing a forum and my cursor passes over or near the subject line of a post, I see the wording of the post without clicking on it. I call that tooltips and maybe it is incorrect terminology but anyway, that is what I find distracting. To avoid it, I scroll down the far left side of the page or I pull down the scroll bar.

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

5. hewee

hewee

OK the mouse over the threads name showes part of the message in that thread.
    Others did not like that either bu and Mike made a hack for it so go to your profile and you can change it so it does not show up.

http://forums.techguy.org/profile.php?do=editoptions

Go about half way down the page to " Thread Display Options " and under "
    Visible Post Elements " uncheck the " Show Thread Preview (mouse-over bubble when viewing list of threads) " and save changes.

6. buf

buf Thread Starter

That did it hewee/Mike and many thanks for the favor. Thanks for the link also but will that link take anyone to my options page or is that good for anyone and it will take everyone to their own options page?? (Don't want someone changing my options---if they can!!)

7. hewee

hewee

You welcome bu :)

No that same link works with your cookies only and each member that clicks on it will go to there own profile.

8. buf

buf Thread Starter

Man, it's like we are using IM--you are quick to answer and I appreciate that. Couldn't help but wonder about the link and I really thought that was the way it worked but still, I wanted to know(inquiring minds wanna know.).

9. hewee

hewee

Just happen to be here bu at the same time. :D

So now you can rest knowing your profile is safe bu. :D

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice