1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whats the average RPM of fans?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shivers, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shivers

Shivers Thread Starter

Chassis fan? Power fan? CPU fan?

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

They vary from fan to fan so there is no real answer. The best way to figure it out is find what fans you have and google them.

3. Arcadion

Arcadion

Slow/quiet fans run at around 2000rpm, fast/loud fans at 5000-8000rpm. Most are somewhere inbetween.

4. john@help

[email protected] Banned

i know the slow speed 1500 the fast speed 2000 to 4000

5. Arcadion

Arcadion

Delta make a 5700rpm 8cm fan and an 8000rpm 6cm fan, they are so loud that you risk damaging your hearing. I've listened to recordings of them, and they are nasty :)

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

They can be very different. My CPU fan really isn't that loud. It is an 80 mm fan and it goes full tilt all the time. The other fans are way different, and there is one that isn't even listed.

Asus probe is wrong on this board also, but the bios reads the same so I guess the probe is doing what it is supposed to do. The voltages are being read wrong for sure. When I first put this board in and saw my 6 month old antec truepower 430 giving low voltages I got out the Fluke and went over the rails.

Motherboard sensors can make you paranoid.:eek: They are still reading withing 3% though. On the Fluke they are right on.;)

Attached Files:

7. john@help

[email protected] Banned

think thats worng they are right its all power supplys are between 0.76
    and 0.01 of the said voltage.
    i tested my power supply with a volt meter out of the case and it was 0.13 low!!

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, a 3.3v or 5.0v supply that was .76v out of range would be WAY out of spec for any P/S that I'm aware of. The absolute voltage isn't normally the way a P/S is specified, it's in percentage of the rated voltage, typically 5% or 10%, depending on the supply and the nature of the load.

FWIW, a 5.0V supply that was 0.13V low would be perfectly fine, and within normal parameters.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!