1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whats the best Computer Case?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UnknownWarri, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. UnknownWarri

UnknownWarri Thread Starter

well i was wondering what would be a good overall computer case that is compatible with atx motherboard...im trying to find one that has good ventilation and good cooling...thanks in advance

2. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

it depends on what your going to put inside, anything by the following companies: Arctic cooling,Thermaltake, or the ever popular Lanboy case, ( you can find it at most outl;et computer stores, ( best buy, comp USA, )

or online @ www.nanosys1.com browse their cases, great resource to find exactly what you want!

3. Mulderator

Mulderator

I like the Thermaltake Tsunamis and Sopranos. I suggest going to NewEgg and checking out the ratings.

4. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

newegg's prices suck.. more expensive than nano

5. Smety

Smety

Well the brand Lian Li has real nice cases that normally always get good reviews. Keep things very cool, but are a tad bit expensive.

BTW- ChRoNo16 whats nano?

6. UnknownWarri

UnknownWarri Thread Starter

thanks everybody for helpin out...well imma go look at the things u guys told me...feel free to add more brand names if u want or if u want to recommend some more...

7. Wino

Wino

Just bought a couple of Ultra Red Dragon cases at TigerDirect in a bundle with Ultra 500W Modular PS & two 80MM fans for $90 bucks each after rebate. Not saying it's the best, but damn nice mid tower - (4) 80mm snap in fan slots + one in case door, massive air intakes. Have one up and running with Intel 3.0HT (3) fans + door fan + two PS fans and quiet.

8. cheese

cheese

You sure about that? Just checked their case prices and the thermaltake was $15 cheaper at newegg, and same with the AMD 3200 939.

Thermaltake cases are nice, though more "upperscale" in price.

I had a raidmax scorpio, and it serves me well.

9. ChRoNo16

ChRoNo16

heh, nano is ALmost ALWAYS cheaper than anyone else, newegg's base price might be cheaper, but add shipping and all that junk.. ikdk, Nano is a store, www.nanosys1.com

10. prunejuice

prunejuice

All cases bow before my Dremel and hole saws!

MWAHAHAHA!!!!

I always buy cheap cases and mod the heck outta them. A lot more fun, and I get the cooling and peripheral layout I want.

11. Mulderator

Mulderator

First of all, I said check the ratings--not buy it there. Second of all, newegg's prices do not "suck". I find they are often among the cheapest on the Internet and their service is outstanding. I recently bought a heatsink from another source because it was considerably cheaper. Even though it was "in stock" I got an e-mail saying it was out of stock. I've been waiting for more than two weeks now! :rolleyes: With newegg, I would have had it in 3 days. Tiger Direct is also a very good. Most people here buy from NewEgg or TigerDirect.

12. Smety

Smety

Newegg and TigerDirect pwn

Chrono are you serious! Nano's prices suck and they dont cary anywhere close to how much anyone else does, get better stuff at best buy . . .

13. 4steve44

4steve44

14. daPyr0x

daPyr0x

I love my Coolermaster Cavalier. I was hugely surprised in how large of a difference there was between it and my former case, it's absolutely silent where my old case was a moderate noise level, it cools better even with no more than the "stock" 2 fans (replacing them with my own fans only increased noise level and not cooling ability whatsoever) and it's just good lookin

Unfortunately, it's a bit pricey...

iirc the Antec Sonata was quite the case in terms of cooling and noise - with 2 120mm fans in it...

15. 4steve44

4steve44

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/399908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice