1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's The BEST Landline Deals ? UK

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by joe2cool, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi since moving from NTL & having so many minutes free per mth, I was wondering whats the best offers to change to for cheaper per min phone calls ?

Appreciate any help

Thx

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you have ntl - unless you move to BT I dont think you willl get many deals - most specify a BT line.
    onetel: - £5 a month all call after 6pm and at weekends free, we use it now on a BT line - i have removed the ntl line

3. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

No........did have NTL...........Well actually got free calls until 13th (still use BT Line)..........Changed ISP...........NTL absolutely pathetic, but thats another story......

Just been given these links

http://www.18866.com/index2.php

http://www.1899.com/index2.php

Can't get cheaper than 0 !! to other Landlines :)

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yep, that why i outed ntl - lost a business ISP connection from me - i had the phone and wanted broadband but with out the TV package for my company. They messed me about for 4 mths so i went back to BT.
    quite a number of people around my area are doing the same.
    they started as nynex then cable & wireless now ntl..... soon to be telewest, if they dont improve the service :)

5. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Well had 3yrs of good service ISP, ..........DOWNHILL from there............

Gonna check these cheap phone deals !

6. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I still use the NTL/BT Freedom package for the any time dial up 24hrs and £15 call allowance all for £15/month. If they can't get me BB soon though I will be asking the same questions.

7. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Well if NTL isp connections are good for you & you are OK GREAT.........But I was with NTL before the change to 'freedom' & thats when it turned into NTHELL ! Shame had a good service before hand, not needed support, just as well because they never answer emails, etc........glad to be shut.......& with so many phone deals now ! unless your connection is good, I wouldn't bother......

8. DaveBurnett

I get 46.6 most of the time and the occasional 48.0

9. dugq

dugq

NTL Freedom BB will be with us very soon. Although there is a pretty tight download limit, can't remember the exact details, I'll find out and PM you.

10. DaveBurnett

I was under the impression it was 512k and unlimited !

11. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Thats great Dave , but once the change to 'freedom', i had lots of disconnections, very sluggish internet & simply taking forever to connect..........just got worse............I haven't heard of many Having a good service from dial-up !

12. s43

s43

Im with the best, free calls to friends and family everyday. You dont even have to change your landline suppiler! For more info PM :)

13. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Why PM......... LETS SHARE .........cheaper than '0' WITH either 1899 OR 18866 ?

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice