1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

whats the best landscape?

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by steppenwolf, Aug 15, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. steppenwolf

steppenwolf Thread Starter

swamps?farm-fields?forest?all the damn fires on west coast ...air quality sucks and California the whole or half is hell by bad air...ive heard libs in calif let deadwood lay to fuel fires

in az we had few trees if any, i guess some palm trees
    no fires there i guess

cut down most trees for towns and have green lawns?

is this just a west coast problem?canada too

wild pigs in the south can hide in forests

the crops usa grows is gmo junk half the time

https://ecologywa.blogspot.com/2017/08/smoke-chokes-washington-air-quality.html Smoke chokes Washington - air quality worst in the nation Air monitors around Washington state are lighting up the maps like a Christmas tree - and red lights aren't good.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Brigham

Brigham

First Name:
    John
    With all that's wrong, it's a wonder you don't move out.

steppenwolf, Johnny b and 2twenty2 like this.
  3. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Ohio has been pretty nice and our Governor doesn't hate us.

Blue skies and green grass. Trees look good.
    Plenty of rain this year so the harvests will be good.
    Hope Trump doesn't stop all our agricultural exports.

Roads could be better.

steppenwolf likes this.
  4. steppenwolf

liberals are giving us fire and fury

5. steppenwolf

it will be a sunny day here in WA state but hazy from forest fires-got reflux from it and vomited i think from it

this sucks -were there always these fires?i wonder if Canadians say the same ,that fires are caused from deadwood left by overzealous liberals

6. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    I get it, this is a joke thread :D

7. steppenwolf

https://forums.firehouse.com/forum/wildland/wildland-firefighting/45021-fires-in-bc"And Your Point Is?....................... I've read through this, and here's my take: Call it pride, or whatever. There is an overwhelming majority of us, (I include myself) who are opposed to bringing foreign Aircraft to North America. I am also very dubious of the claims made for the 747 conversion. BIG aircraft have BIG limitations."

yeah keep the pride but mess up our air, Canadians

8. steppenwolf

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/topic/16192-bc-forest-fires/ "Last year it was Alberta and specifically Fort McMurray. This year it's the interior of British Columbia. TheDarkListener made a comment that they could see smoke and it was affecting the air quality in the states of Washington and Oregon. BC often has a problem with forest fires, but this year they are saying it's the worst in 60 years and officials say it will only get worse. It has been a very hot and dry season and high winds are making things worse. Here is a map showing the extent of the fires. The provincial parks in BC have been closed due to the fires. Here are the evacuation alerts from the government of BC. Here is their Facebook page. I find both lend a personal feel to the whole situation. Here's an interactive map of the wild fires from the BC government. Lastly here's a good summary from our government owned broadcaster, CBC."

im not jokin--just woke up and air is bad-closed the windows and breathing though a bandana

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  9. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Why are you claiming the best tools for fighting fires shouldn't be used just to satisfy your 'pride'?

https://forums.firehouse.com/forum/...ighting/45021-fires-in-bc?p=546629#post546629

10. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    If it's so bad, why are you arguing to restrict certain efficient fire fighting equipment?

11. steppenwolf

cant u understand sarcasm?

12. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Can you?
    It's hard to tell when or even if you are serious.

2twenty2 likes this.
  13. Lanctus

Lanctus

After reading your comments both on this post and other Controversial Topics, you really must be an avid infowars fan. No actual critical thinking, just diarrhea of the mouth and conspiracy theories, just like Alex. Three easy reasons why we have more and greater fires, if you care to actually think for yourself.

First, humans. We continue to spread out, adding additional environmental hazards and lack of responsibility (lit cigarettes out the window, still smoldering campfires, old fashion arson, etc) to areas that didn't have those dangers before. The more we encroach on nature, the greater the risk.

Second, global warming. As we add more CO2 to the atmosphere it ramps up the greenhouse effect. The more heat that becomes trapped under the canopy of our atmosphere, the hotter all of our environments become, leading to increasingly drier conditions and longer periods of heat than before. Areas that may have had more wetlands or greater rainfall, suffer a shortage of moisture as the heat evaporates said moisture more rapidly. This leads to more tinderbox conditions, as dry and/or dead plant life are more plentiful, leading back around to greater chance of fires.

Third, we've been stopping forest fires (particularly in the West/ Northwest of the U.S.) too soon. They threaten our homes and lives (see the first reason), so we have to take action. Doing this however keeps the overgrowth and deadwood a constant, where nature would have blazed through to begin renewing the soil again. Year after year this piles up (despite your claim of "liberals stacking deadwood." Did you seriously make that claim?), which is like sparking a campfire next to an unlit bonfire soaked in fuel. Nature has its cycles and we disrupt them, even if our reasoning makes sense. All actions have consequences, intended or not.

I don't know if you really believe all the blowhard nonsense you spew, or if you just try to get a rise out of people. Doesn't matter in the end, because you look ignorant regardless. To quote Soren Kierkegaard, "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true."

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    valis, Wino and Johnny b like this.
  14. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Simply, there is little use arguing with the logic of denial.

What 'is', isn't.
    What 'was', wasn't.

It's all about revisionist reality, as crazy as that sounds and what ever anyone wants it to be.

But it does deserve a reply :cool:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  15. Wino

Wino

I've worked and camped all over AZ - trust me there are plenty of trees and stuff to burn - it ain't all desert. Some of the thickest forest and deepest snow I've ever seen was on North Rim of Grand Canyon. The way things are going, that may be a thing of the past.

valis likes this.
  16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice