what's the best media player?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jtn3833

With Windows Media Player 11 coming out in March with MTV's Urge I was just wondering what people thought of the other media players out there? Which is best and why?

Thanks,
JTN

prunejuice, you should look at BMPX, bmp was a gtk2 version of xmms. The X version is a complete rewrite from the base up. Quite a big improvement. Course xmms plugins don't work anymore but its a small price to pay, 0.13 will have some nice features as well (oh and you can control it via dbus as well.

tsunam said:
prunejuice, you should look at BMPX, bmp was a gtk2 version of xmms. The X version is a complete rewrite from the base up. Quite a big improvement. Course xmms plugins don't work anymore but its a small price to pay, 0.13 will have some nice features as well (oh and you can control it via dbus as well.
I'll look into it, but honestly, xmms was my least used media player.

Mainly mplayer, which I love, but in the last two months, VLC is high on my list because
of it being able to play everything short of wax cylinders and ancient Egyptian papyrus.

:)

oh didn't you know they added a plugin for Egyptian papyrus last week, all the archeologist are scrambling all over each other for it. ;)

tsunam said:
oh didn't you know they added a plugin for Egyptian papyrus last week,
Why can't I find it?

Damn Mandrake repositories! Always late with everything!
;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts