What's the best PC water cooling out there??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aerain

Hello, All!

After reading SEVERAL reviews from SEVERAL websites, I can't make up my mind. All the water cooling thingys look cool but I was not impressed by the temperatures they wer giving...Idle: 36 and High: 62 (These processors were OC'd and some weren't). Is there a PC water cooling system that will chill the processors as such:

Idle: 25 - 29
Load: 40 - 45

I have the socket 939 AMD 4000+ CPU. Thanks.

aerain said:
Is there a PC water cooling system that will chill the processors as such:
Idle: 25 - 29
Load: 40 - 45
In your statement you use the word "chill". Did you mean it in the actual sense of the word...that the system would utilize a CHILLER (mechanical or electrical)???

It appears that you have done your Homework! Collecting opinions on "which is the best" isn't of great value. You probably are the expert at this point!

BUT personally, I believe that an air-cooled system can achieve the same same results as a non-chilled water cooled setup.

IF the air-cooled heat exchanger and fan are properly designed and sized for the task, then this is a straight forward Thermodynamics problem.

What I believe is the advantage with a water-cooled Hot System is lower sound levels. High Speed Fans are noisy!

G'day Aerain, yes water cooling devices are available and as you would be aware are theoretically substantially superior to air cooling apart from the noise factors.
Some of these devices use a thermocouple device or array which is in fact a reverse biassed "seebeck" effect referred to as "peltier" effect device, which produces a chilling effect. This system has very poor power efficiency.
Some of these arrays use a system of convection for fluid flow and some use a circulating pump.
In that the processor is generally mounted vertically, the fluid flow considerations are commonsense, the positioning of the heat exchanging device is also a consideration as is the various plumbing schemes and possible leaks.
The overall gain may not actually be worth sacrificing the extra power and case space etc.
There are new systems appearing every week or so, so keep your eyes open for something that will suit your ideas.
I would actually make my own as some people have that frequent this site.
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online