What's the best remote desktop program for viewing videos

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

groundtreewater

I am working on editing a video on a mac by remote desktop from a microsoft computer using Logmein Pro. The video is slow, comes in tiles. Logmein finally let me know videos don't work well with their program. do you know of any programs that will work well with video?
Remote is the only way we can work since I'm working with someone is Arkansas and I'm in Massachusetts.

You are wasting your time trying to edit a video remotely. Video editing is processor intensive, needs very fast drives, and loads of memory to swap.

You are wasting your time trying to edit a video remotely. Video editing is processor intensive, needs very fast drives, and loads of memory to swap.
All of the actual processing happens on the remote computer, so that's not a problem. The remote login software acts almost like a KVM switch in software over the internet.

ferrija1... you got a new avatar?
All of the actual processing happens on the remote computer, so that's not a problem. The remote login software acts almost like a KVM switch in software over the internet.
Your both right... to an extent.
You need tons of bandwidth to be able to do this, so I would say this is almost impossible, but can be done, but the processing is on the computer that you are connoting to. Apple has a remote desktop client that is decent.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online