1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's the best type of mouse and keyboard for long range wireless use?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marrvia, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marrvia

Marrvia Thread Starter

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I'm not sure where this would go. But anyway...

I use my big screen tv as a monitor on a permanent basic, and I keep my computer right next to it so I have to use a wireless mouse and keyboard. I've been using a Gyration (the 30' foot range one) for the past year or so. The only problem is... It doesn't have anywhere near a 30 foot range, more like a 6 foot range. I use a usb extension cord and keep ithe receiver about 6 feet away or less, and I still get tons of lag. The keyboard seems to work fine, it's the mouse that's the problem. I am always having to move around to different spots, because for some reason the mouse works fine in one spot and if I move it about six inches closer or further way from the receiver it's unused at times.

I'm looking for a mouse(& keyboard), that if possible, i can keep the receiver right next to my computer, and have zero lag in anyplace in the room under almost any circumstances. I generally sit about 15 feet away from my tv, fyi.

I want to try the Gyration 100' foot range mouse but I have no idea if it is just as much ******** as this one or not. Also, I've heard of the Logitech bluetooth mouse that supposedly has a 30' foot range. Has anyone tried any of these?

I am open to any suggestions. Please help, thanks.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I can only get about 12 feet away from my machine in this room but my microsoft wireless intellimouse explorer works great at that range.

I got up and tried it just for you.:D

3. Marrvia

Marrvia Thread Starter

Is that the bluetooth type?

4. griffinspc

griffinspc

I also use a MS IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 and love it. The batteries seem to never die. I have one at work that's on 9 to 10 hours a day and gets heavy use and in 6 months I've changed the batteries twice. The last time about two weeks ago. Though I've never measured the distance I seem to be able to walk freely within a 10, 12, 15 foot radius with no problem. I liked it so much it's my main mouse at home too.

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

6. Marrvia

Marrvia Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion, I might give it a try. Anyone know of any others?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice