Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats the best wireless mouse for gaming?

2K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  prowler351 
#1 ·
I just baught a Logitech Cordles Click! Plus mouse and while it works good for surfing the web and doing everything else, it's kinda a bit inaccurate and just a hair slow to respond when im playing warcraft III. is there anyone using a wireless mouse that works great in gaming? especialy in WCIII. thanks for the response,id like to get alot of opinions on this one,i dont wanna have to take five mice back to the store to get one that doesn't suck. :)

#2 ·
no one has a wireless mouse to play games with? cmon,tell me how well you like yours. pleeeeeeese

#5 ·
Well...for one thing, you only waited like an hour for a response....it's a forum, so people check posts when they can, and maybe reply later, so don't expect instant results.

But yea, I don't have a wireless mouse, and I wouldn't trust them for gaming, too many things to worry about, like response time, and the batteries going dead at 4am in the middle of a game. I have an optical mouse made by IBM, model MO27FO, and it's so comfortable, I don't think I'll ever be able to use another mouse. Here it is, in all it's glory. :)

#6 ·
yea, i guess i was just a little impatient. and yep, its a homegrown cpu,the best kind there is :) . I have a memorex optical mouse (not wireless) that i baught for 15 bucks at best buy,and its the greatest lil mouse i could ask for with a cord.but when im playing WCIII the cord just kinda gets in my way a bit having to pull at it a little.I may just take this one back and keep my memorex if no one posts in here talking about what a great gaming mouse they have. gimme the exact name of yours motoxpro, do you use it for WCIII? is it always accurate and true?

thx :)

#9 ·
Originally posted by prowler351:
yea, i guess i was just a little impatient. and yep, its a homegrown cpu,the best kind there is :) . I have a memorex optical mouse (not wireless) that i baught for 15 bucks at best buy,and its the greatest lil mouse i could ask for with a cord.but when im playing WCIII the cord just kinda gets in my way a bit having to pull at it a little.I may just take this one back and keep my memorex if no one posts in here talking about what a great gaming mouse they have. gimme the exact name of yours motoxpro, do you use it for WCIII? is it always accurate and true?

thx :)
Mine is a Microsoft Intell Explorer 3.0

i dont play WCIII but i play all sorts of fps and rts like call of duty C&C games and stuff and my mouse is great

#10 ·
i like the logitec wheel mouse optical. i bought it for almost 3 years now and never regret it. it is very "accurate and true" and the cord is pretty long so i never get the problem with pulling the cord once in a while.

i play a lot of wc iii and im ranked on us west so listen to me

#12 ·
well, thx for all the 411, i dont realy like M$ so i think ill get a logitech optical with the cord. i love how the wireless logitech i have at the moment feels in my hand so it should do quite nicely i hope :). I'm getting the logitec mx500 unless a bunch of people tell me its a horrible mouse,but i dont see that happening

#15 ·
I'm sorry it was an attempt at a joke. If you are really insistent on going wireless for gaming, then I'd suggest the Logitech MX 700. If you'd like a wireless keyboard to, then get the wireless Cordless Elite Duo, it's cheaper then purchasing the two separately. :)

#16 ·
I too have been looking into the wireless mouse/keyboard thing for gaming. I am also sort of weird in that I have a track ball right now and have gotten really used to it and find it great for gaming FPS etc. I want to be able to sit on my couch and play my games on my 32" sony with my tv/out. I was thinking that a trackball might work better for me bacause it can stay in one place (i'm still a bit shaky on the logistics of the keyboard). Anyway I've been looking around but haven't seen wireless trackballs, anyone have any suggestions? Another friend suggested longer cords but haven't seen. Anyway thanx for any input

Doug:cool:

#17 ·
Just a little thought...:)
If you have to keep tugging your mouse wire.....do what I do (if you have a Belkin 4 port USB hub sitting on your desktop) and this is to put the mouse wire under the hub with enough slack between it and the mouse.
Works for me when I am frantically trying to stay alive in UT2003....:D
Could use anything else of course....:)

#19 ·
Running the mouse wire under something is cheaper....:)

#21 ·
lol,wow,that looks horrible Mctimson,i couldnt use that anyways,i actualy got the most comfertable comp setup around,its a big recliner with my huge comp tower next to it and i got my mouse setting on top of my tower wich wound up being the perfect height,so theres no space,not that you put that up for a suggestion for anyone to get. :D .

I went to a whole bunch of gaming forums and they all seem to say to get the M$ intelipoint 3.0(i think that was the name) or the Logitech mx500 for a corded mouse. Or, the almost undisputed winner for cord free,the Logitech mx700 .the mx500 and mx700 are the exact same design except for the cord part.
and let me tell you,if you use your mouse like a right hander (im a lefty,but i use a mouse like a righty) then this is the most comfertable kick a$$ mouse I've ever used. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.