1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whats the crappiest graphics card you can get away with for a dedicated internet PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mesmerbeowulf, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mesmerbeowulf

mesmerbeowulf Thread Starter

Especially concerning embedded video eg YouTube, GoogleVideo, downloaded video files etc - Thanks

PS have a RIVA TNT2 16mb card available

2. Nick B

Nick B

I probably wouldn't bother, does the motherboard have an integrated graphics card? Most motherboards do - and that will easily be sufficient enough for that sort of thing.

3. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

For just internet surfing, probably anything will do.
    But then again, I've never used a 16mb video card to watch YouTube stuff so I'm not sure if the low amount of memory would drastically affect performance. Youtube wasn't even around when I had my last 16mb video card (8-10 years ago?). I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
    I'd be leaning towards something with at least 64-128mb, just to be sure.

4. Arcadion

Arcadion

YouTube doesn't need any more than 4 or 8MB of video RAM to run, it's just 2D.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!