Whats the deal with my registry......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dk

This has happend after several format and reinstalls of Win98SE, I will install my Video card, and maybe anti virus software and then when it reboots I get a message saying that windows found an error in the registry then after it fixes itself the video card and driver are gone, and the software is gone, What gives??

if you are sure it is the right software for the video card then i would try another video card

I had the same exact problem w/ the registry. Try using another stick of RAM. If you're using 2 sticks of RAM, try it one then replace it w/ the other. you may have a bad RAM.

dk

see I have had similar problems with other O.S's, LIke Win2k Pro, XP Pro, and ME, I blamed it on the video card, because Elsa quit writing drivers for my card, so I thought well I will go back to Win 98 SE and no problems boy was I wrong I have bought some RAM in the last 2 years and come to think about it I have had some problems, would it make any difference if I had a sitck of 128 and I stick of 32, in there at the same time???

It wouldnt make a difference if both RAMs are good. If you have 1 stick of 128 use that. If you still have the registry loss problem switch it to the 32MB stick.

see what happens from there. Lets just hope it's the 32MB stick instead of the 128 stick.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online