1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's the deal with the New Post's Section, & the minisucle Font sizes

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Gary R, Apr 5, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Why can't you Clear the threads like in the OLD Board? There is no command to do so in this version. When will one be put in. And, no, the New Post's section does NOT reset itself. When I started this post there were 204 in it, I went back to the New Posts and there were 208.

Also the font sizes are too small in the page headers where Help on the net > Tech Support Guy > Forums are listed and the line where user CP thru Log out are, on the OLD board you could read them --- and the text on the pages --- without having to squint at the screen. Also how about putting the New Posts tab in a more conspicuous place rather than having to look around for it like it is now.

Also, it appears that the Advertisements are taking more space now. At least 3" on right side.

Also #2: Why are the % of Tech post's not listed. Is this something that hasn't been set up yet but will be in next few days.

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    New Posts shows you new posts since your last visit -- vb3 doesn't offer a way to reset it as of yet, and I haven't found anyone who has worked around that (although I also couldn't find another board complaining about it, so I may have to figure it out myself)...

Text on the page is the same size as before, but the navigation links did shrink (default in vb3). I agree, though -- I'll make them just a little bigger.

I think the ad space is about 50 pixels more... but, before you complain too much, have a look at vBulletin's default style: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ -- there's no ads on the sides, but I'm losing about 2.5" on each side to gray. Pretty stupid if you ask me (hence why I changed it for us).

As for the tech %, do a search in this forum... or read just about any other thread... About two months ago we had a vote and decided to get rid of it for now. Eventually, we'll probably have two post counts, but that'll be down the road a bit.

3. Gary R

Gary R Thread Starter

Techguy
    Well, hope you do get it back.

I wonder too, if the resolution for the Board was changed & that is another reason the fonts are tiny. I'm running 800x600 16-bit High Color.

Another source of irritation is the constant appearances of the box's with the first post in in a thread, the one about how many posts, & so forth that pop up. Wish there was way a user could turn those off it they didn't want them to appear.

4. hewee

hewee

5. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    That's it, hewee -- before the next upgrade, I'm going to take some screenshots myself! :)

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Gary -- check this out! Go back to the main TSG Forums page and scroll to the bottom. There's a "Mark Forums Read" link. That'll reset New Posts for ya.

7. hewee

hewee

Your welcome Mike.

I may have other screen shots posted here at the site or from a web page I saved.
    Any part of the page you looking for Mike? Maybe I can find it if you need something to look back on.
    I know there are some full page post some have posted here because they took a screen shot and then posted the whole page here.

8. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Nah, I think that one does it for now. Will let you know if anything else comes up, though. :)

9. hewee

hewee

OK Mike :)

Hey I was looking and found some and he hee I see we are missing the one blue color we had around the sides before. So many new things I just know found that out. :rolleyes:

I liked that color too. :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice