what's the difference between a 15 pin submini and a standard 15 pin?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robertD

I purchased a Dell Dimension XSP500, 7 years ago. Someone else is using it and lives 4-5 hrs. from me. The monitor died and I need to purchase a new one. The monitor is a 19" Dell 1200HS, Model D1226H. I called Dell or should I say India and was told that the connector is a 15 pin d-submini. I was wondering what the difference is between a mini and a standard 15 pin d-sub? Will the standard 15 pin work just as well as the mini does?

I've been looking at the ViewSonics and if anyone can suggest which one will take place of the Dell monitor, it would be appreciated. This person using the Dell doesn't do graphics or such; surfing and email is about it. I don't really need a ViewSonic, but something of the same size and an antiglare, and antireflective would be just fine and lets not forget cost. I tell ya, one just can't walk into Best Buy or CompUSA for a CRT like one could years ago. Times a changin. Thanks.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
A regular 15 pin D connector will have the same pin diameter and pin spacing as the 9 pin serial ports on your machine. The VGA connection is a subminature D connector, and it's pin spacing and pin diameter is smaller than the standard D connector.

robertD

:D I want to thank all for replys. I had a problem with email not arriving, so I had no idea anyone had replied until the other day. Anyway, I called an online company called 'techforless' located here in my state, different city. I ordered a E90FB-4 ViewSonic 19" monitor for $119.87 and with tax and shipping total was $137.27. It was confirmed that this monitor's connector wouldn't be a problem.This was an open box sale. It has the software, manual and cord. All looks good. It took less than 1 day to receive. So, I'm set to go. And once again, it's deeply appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online