1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's the difference between AC3 5.1 and DTS 5.1?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by blumovie2, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blumovie2

blumovie2 Thread Starter

I had a simple question and I was using pavtube blu-ray ripper and the backup in question contains two english soundtracks named as AC3 5.1 and DTS 5.1. I need to know something about these two and which one should I keep and the actually what is the difference between both.

Thanks

2. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

3. ww927bin

ww927bin Banned

What you need, depends on your current home theater system. DTS is usually for the more enthused home theater connoisseur.
    I almost always encode my DVD's to Dolby Digital primary and DTS second, mainly because Dolby Digital is easier to use and more supported.

4. blumovie2

blumovie2 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice