1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's the difference between.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BigTex, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Hey guys what is the difference between: PowerColor Radeon 9600 PRO EV Version vs. PowerColor Radeon 9600 PRO Ultra vs. ATI Radeon 9600.

The all have the same specs: AGP 8X 128MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out, DVI & CRT Retail Powered by ATI, but different prices.

I'm building a new pc (It's been awhile) and I'm just trying to buy a good Video Card. I was told that the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro was the way to go. My price limit is about 150.00 and I just want to buy a good card, but I don't see the difference is these cards. Can someone clear this up or know of a better product?

2. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

The PowerColor brand is a 3rd party ATI card that is VERY unreliable and poor quality. For a good 3rd party ATI card, Sapphire has been on the market the longest and runs a lttle cheaper than the pure "BUILT BY" ATI cards. The 3rd party cards are denoted by "POWERED BY" on the box. There are some other new ATI 3rd party manufacturers now but we haven't had enough experience with them to give any recommendations.

3. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

Here's another thought. ATI is releasing 2 new cards this month; the 9600 XT(replacement for the 9600 Pro) and the 9800 XT. You might wait a couple of months (to see how the new cards work) and save another $49.00 and get the 9600 XT($199.00). here's a link plus you can see some benches doing a Google search. Link:

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112697,00.asp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice