1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whats the difference..

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Freakchris03, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freakchris03

Freakchris03 Thread Starter

What exactly is the difference between a mp3 cd and a audio cd. I have musicmatch jukebox plus 8.0 and i was gonna burn a cd and it asks if i want to make it a audio or mp3. If i use mp3 option can i listen to it on like a cd player or does it have to be in audio format?

2. Moby

Moby

If you want to play it on a home stereo then you click audio cd, mp3's are for computers. (although that is changing with newer players, dvd players etc)
    Once upon a time all music was "audio cd" type, still a type of file (.cda for eg) but a very big file, hence you only get about 20 audio tracks to a normal shop bought music cd.
    Then mp3 was invented, compresses normal audio music to about a tenth of it's original size. Fine for transfering, storing etc as you could now get 200 (ish) tracks on one cd. But to play them on a home stereo they had to be converted back to audio type, hence musicmatch gives you the choice.
    Nowadays, more and more newer players will play both types of file. But generally speaking, computers will play all types of file, and home stereos only the 'audio' option from burners.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice