1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's the most expensive fine you got for speeding?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by GrinHulk, Dec 3, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. GrinHulk

GrinHulk Thread Starter

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    No idea what speeding tickets are currently up to in Ohio.
    I've only had 2 tickets. One about 20 years ago in North Carolina and one in Dayton Oh about 50 years ago.
    That would be in a car.

On a motorcycle, never.

Doesn't mean I haven't broken the posted speed limits, means I'm lucky and don't do it to extremes. Well, except on the motorcycle :D

3. valis

valis Moderator

Never had a fine. Last ticket I had was for two over and that got tossed.

4. GrinHulk

GrinHulk Thread Starter

On the article it says it's max of $100 for Ohio. Oh yeahm, that rush you get when on full speed on a motorcycle. I totally get you.

Nice. I's assume you're a pretty good (and law-abiding) driver then?

5. valis

valis Moderator

not necessarily......two days after the 2 over, I got tagged for MUCH more over, but was not issued a ticket.....:D

6. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    :D

Yep....I've been tagged and let go with just a warning. Several times. lol!
    Must have been my pleasant disposition :D

Got pulled over in my 454 El Camino for anti noise and wound up in an interesting discussion about the officier's 440 Barracuda. Inside city limits. No ticket. :)

7. Shellae

Shellae

Never got caught speeding, accidently running red lights and/or stop signs, or accidently going the wrong way. Two parking tickets though....GRRRR....and one warning to turn lights on at night:oops:

8. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Speaking of 'wrong way ' violations, the next county over from me hands out violations like candy within strip mall parking lots.
    A buddy of mine got ticketed for what looked like an innocent infraction and decided to challenge it before a judge.
    Judge told him he could either pay the fine or the court cost which would be the same amount.
    It's been noticed this strip mall is patrolled frequently. :cool:

I tend to drive very cautiously there ;)

RT likes this.
  9. RT

RT

Most $ fined was.. motorcycle.
    Actually trying to out run a storm, but the state trooper didn't cut any slack, even though thunder and lighting was all around us as the ticket was being written.

I was friendly, and so was he, let me sit in the trooper car and marvel at all the tech installed... we parted as pals (I guess), but each knew, just doing the job, at my fault and expense.
    I admitted guilt at going 70 in a 45 zone, I thought it was more like 60...but :rolleyes:
    Radar seemed to confirm that 70+.
    No traffic other than me, so no lives were endangered but my own. Lonely country road, far away from a town or city.

Now this was the in the 1980's I reckon, so $125 was a big deal, plus took away my license and had to pay another $50 to get it mailed back to me, after paying the fine.
    And I thought my county had speed traps....

So that was then, and this is now, I don't violate any traffic laws, just get pissed off at those who do.

So it comes around, young whipper snappers are yelling at me to get off the road Grandpa, and a moment later, they're in the ditch calling 911 on the smart-ass phone, which distraction caused the damn accident...

10. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    I am shocked :D

Of course, he just made his quota :eek: !

70 in a 45 with expected rain....:eek:

I used to do a lot of long distance touring, and out running rain was obviously dangerous.
    Too often I'd ride into a wet stretch of the road but the rain had stopped. And if it hadn't rained in a while, it brought the accumulated road oil up to the surface making it darn slick.
    IMO, better to tough it out at a reduced speed than chance a slick road.

But that's something usually learned by experience.
    Fortunately, I learned it with out consequences.

On a return trip out west, I was approaching Kansas City that was experiencing a major storm. Extreme downpour so thick it was like approaching a black curtain.
    Speeds on the Interstate slowed down to ~20mph as I entered that blackness.
    The accumulated water was deep on the Interstate. Probably on the order of 4" or so. No control issues, but my front wheel threw such a strong wake when I ran into that 'black curtain' that it momentarily lifted my feet off the pegs a couple inches.
    I followed the car in front of me, off at the next exit where the driver ran into the gas stop and made a telephone call.
    He eventually walked over to me and asked if I saw the crash.
    In front of him, a car lost control, swerved to the median and rolled.
    He was calling the police and requesting an ambulance.

I saw nothing of that accident, the rain was so heavy.

RT likes this.
  11. RT

RT

Dang John, not sure why I "liked' your post with something that deals with something that's really scary and awful for those involved, perhaps it's the way you wrote it.
    Every time you get into a vehicle, you risk your life and the ones you love, if aboard.

You said
    "Of course, he just made his quota :eek: !"

Yup! :D

12. GrinHulk

GrinHulk Thread Starter

Dang, this is both a great and a sad story at the same time. Glad you made it out that night without any scratch.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice