What's The Problem With DRM?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mystik_TK

I was attempting to stream a video from wwe.com and WMP 9 gave me a message saying that my DRM (Digital Rights Management) rights need to be updated in order to play this protected file.

I've been hearing people bashing DRM for quite some time because of security problems etc.

So I was wondering if soemone here could tell me what problems there are with DRM and if I should hit the magic "OK" button in order to update it.

Thanks.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The basic problem with DRM is that it adds yet another thing to go wrong with multi-media. :rolleyes: I suspect if you want to play the media in question, you don't have much choice but to upgrade it.

What is wwe.com anyway? Are you sure that you aren't getting hooked by some spyware/malware site?

Mystik_TK

johnwill said:
What is wwe.com anyway? Are you sure that you aren't getting hooked by some spyware/malware site?
:eek: WWE = World Wrestling Entertainment. I was tryng to watch some of my favourite old-school matches.

What exactly goes wrong?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
"transferring" the rights to various devices seems less than 100% debugged. :rolleyes: DRM is just another annoyance, like viruses and spyware, but legal. (n)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online