What's the Verdict on Vista?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hulk701

Banned
Hey Gang,

I've just checked it out and I can get a VISTA upgrade to XP for about $100.00. Much better than when Microsoft wanted $400.00 for XP.

So I'm asking you people who have been working with the beta - Do I want to upgrade? Is Vista worth it? Does it still have a lot of bugs to work out? Am I smarter to wait until the software manufacturers catch up to the new OS?

thanks,
HULK

Hulk701

Banned
s4baz said:
It all depends. It's been a long time that testing has been out for Vitsa... a LONG time. As with that, almost all the bugs have been removed... and it works close to flawless. However, nothing in this world is perfect, and nothing ever will be.

Also, there are many differences between it and XP. Look into it, but make sure your computer can handle Vista first. If it can't, your Vista experience will be terrible.

Also, if I may ask, are you getting an upgrade for Vista Ultimate? If so, is there any way I can get this deal too, because with my computer I got a free upgrade to Home Premium, but would love to incorporate Ultimate into my business.

Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. I was referring to Vista Basic, not Ultimate when I mentioned the $100.00 price. BTW, what are the differences between Ultimate, Premium and Basic?

uhaligani

Hulk701 said:
Thanks,

What about hardware compatilbility? Does it have a Compatibility mode function like XP does?

Also, how much hd space does it take?
Yes it does, and it is very efficient. You can right click any installation file (Corel Paintshop.exe: winzip.exe..etc..) and select properties. In properties it offers compatibilty mode, so you choose whichever mode you last had the program working in succesfully. I have all my XP software installed 100% , using this function in four instances. Works a treat.

MMJ

Hulk701 said:
Thanks,

What about hardware compatilbility? Does it have a Compatibility mode function like XP does?

Also, how much hd space does it take?
needs 15gb for the install.

GoJoAGoGo

Joe
The first PC doesn't have enough RAM for Vista to run smoothly. Should have at least 1GB of RAM.

MMJ

youngstown said:
is home basic alright? i see this one at circuit city. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Comp...70739/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

but it seems too cheap for a brand new computer, so i was thinking about this http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-P...71276/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

i know the second choice is way better, but is the first one good for its price? i mean im just a basic user.
I wouldn't get home basic, it doesn't have a lot of the new functionality.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online