1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's the worst song of all time?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by angelize56, Apr 23, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Hey I like "The Sounds of Silence"! There are far worse songs! Like "My Baby Does the Hanky Panky" and "Sugar, Sugar"! :D What do you think are the worst songs of all time? :) Take care! angel :)

What's the worst song of all time?
    For Blender, it's 'We Built This City'
    Wednesday, April 21, 2004 Posted: 8:42 AM EDT (1242 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Starship may have built this city on rock and roll, but Blender magazine is tearing it down, naming the band's "We Built This City" as the worst song ever.

Some tunes on the "50 Worst Songs Ever!" list were selected for their melodies, others "are wretchedly performed" and "quite a few don't make sense whatsoever," the magazine said.

The list, which appears in the May issue, includes songs by New Kids on the Block, Meat Loaf, The Doors, Lionel Richie, Hammer and The Beach Boys, among others.

Blender describes 1985's "We Built This City" as "the truly horrible sound of a band taking the corporate dollar while sneering at those who take the corporate dollar."

Starship lead singer Grace Slick says, "This is not me," when the magazine reminds her of the tune. "Now you're an actor. It's the same as Meryl Streep playing Joan of Arc."

Rounding out the top 10: "Achy Breaky Heart," Billy Ray Cyrus; "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" Wang Chung; "Rollin'," Limp Bizkit; "Ice Ice Baby," Vanilla Ice; "The Heart of Rock & Roll," Huey Lewis and the News; "Don't Worry Be Happy," Bobby McFerrin; "Party All the Time," Eddie Murphy; "American Life," Madonna; and "Ebony and Ivory," Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.

Other songs on the list: Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" (No. 22); Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All" (No. 30); Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" (No. 39); Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" (No. 41); Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sounds of Silence" (No. 42); The Beatles' "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" (No. 48); and Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" (No. 50).

Blender and VH1's TV special "50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs ... Ever" airs May 12.

2. p51

p51

I think it was Biz Markee ? back in the late 80's early 90's that injured many ears with the song "You got what I need".

3. coderitr

coderitr

Not to disparage Blender Magazine's list or p51's suggestion because those songs truly are the picture of noise pollution but I've got to vote for Tax Man by the Beatles.

4. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Jackson Five......"Rockin' Robin"! :D

5. belithrawien

belithrawien

I would suggest that awful rendition of Take My Breath Away by Jessica Simpson.

6. hotskates

hotskates

I cringe when "Catch Scratch Fever" comes on the radio. I used to like that Ted Neugent song, but now it drives me crazy.
    I also do not like anything by Cher.

7. deh

deh

"I'm your Captain" Grand Funk Railroad

Reason:

How many *&(*&** times does the dude have to say "I'm getting closer to my home"? :)
    Nothing trippy about it, it's flat out monotonous.

8. moonmist

moonmist

I would also suggest anything she sings would fall in that catagory :)

9. deh

deh

She's not bad to look at though. ;)

10. moonmist

moonmist

I would expect that from you deh :p

11. deh

deh

Hey my wife even thinks she's pretty. But her favorite is Shakira. :)

12. moonmist

moonmist

Yes Ms Simpson is pretty, pretty stupid.....but..... it makes no difference to me..... i get a laugh out of her.

13. tomlunt

tomlunt

I think Jessica Simpson has a pretty good voice, but her "Take My Breath Away" is terrible. But worst song ever .... maybe Love Shack by the B52's. I just hate that song.

14. deh

deh

There's nothing wrong with admitting that another female is pretty. ;)

Attached Files:

15. moonmist

moonmist

I didnt say she wasnt pretty deh......... i just said she wasnt to bright!!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice