whats this beeping?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sapphire256

hey everyone, i just got a new mobo, proccesor and graphics card.

Abit KV8 Pro 3rd eye motherboard, athlon 64 1.8 ghz processor w/heatsink and fan and a new sapphire limited x800 pro 256 mb. I just got this today and been working all night on getting this to work. I got it all set up power cords to go where they need to. I tryed turning this bad girl on and all i got was a beeping sound from the speakers. Now i kinda figured there might be a problem considering i still needed to reformat the old hard drive. I did this and tryed again still beeping from the speakers. I tryed alot of things so far, even going back thru the manual and trying to see if i skipped something, but no luck. I reset the cmos disconnected the power cable for 10 minutes and tryed again. Is there any compatability issue here? i got 1 gb of ddr 400 giel ram in it, maxtor diamond 10 250 gb hard drive. if any help please help me, or please if you need more info post what ya need and i shall give it. I want this bad girl running.

Hi Sapphire
Have you made absolutely sure that all sound, vid cards, mem sticks etc are seated in the respective slots thoroughly?
Wolfey

crjdriver

Post the beep code you are receiving ie 3 beeps, 3 beeps, 4 beeps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online