1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

whats with AVG

Discussion in 'General Security' started by elceeh, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elceeh

elceeh Thread Starter

Hi everyone
    I purchased AVG 8.0 last month(march) after having the free version for some time.I thought the paid version would be better,which it was.That is until last week when it told me my anti-virus was outdated,as was my anti-spyware and my update manager comes and goes.How could this be in just one month when the programme says it lasts for a year!
    I have contacted them 4 times as I dont like being without these things.All I get is a computerised e-mail saying someone will be in touch with me but they never are!I am getting a fine collection of these e-mails but thats all.I have tried all I know to do which is very little and was hoping maybe you guys could help me.I have an xp2 version 2002 and it works well except for this which I dont think is the computers fault.I have had to contact other companies and got quick replies ,but I'm starting to feel that now avg has my money they arent bothered about me.I hope this isnt true.I would be so grateful for any help as viruses can just walk in at the moment. yours very sincerely
    Elceeh:eek:

2. CCjon

CCjon

I think you mean the security center screen of Xp right?(A small red cross icon at the lower right corner of the screen).I think that your antvirus SIGNATURES are out of date and the reason the security icon appeared is because you turned off the auto update feature(note:I've had no personal experience with version 8 of avg).Just update it and the security icon should disappear.

Btw you double posted.Delete your other post and try not to double next time k?:)

3. elceeh

elceeh Thread Starter

thanks so much CCjon and sorry about double posting,I get very confusd and nervous when I'm not sure about what I'm doing LOL. I was looking at avg info (before I got your answer) and I found a place where it said there hadnt been an update since April 9.So I did a system restore back to April 7 and it worked!!!How long that will last I'm not sure so I am keeping your info just in case I need to use it.Once again ,a big thank you from Downunder.

4. CCjon

CCjon

Hmm....

A quick google check shows that there is indeed a problem with their servers for the past few weeks.
    In the meantime,if your problems come back,take a look at here and here.

Hope all of these helps.:)

5. elceeh

elceeh Thread Starter

thanks once again CCjon you have been very kind.I am keeping a folder with help I have had from you guys for future reference.Hopefully I wont make same mistakes twice,but knowing me anything is possible.Its so great to know that knowledgeable help is at hand.(y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice