1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whats wrong with my computer? Need help please, thank you

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tyler2015, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tyler2015

tyler2015 Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

Lately (for the past week) I have been having an issue with my PC and I have tried everything to find out what the issue could be. I thought it would be best if I asked some experts on the internet.

This is my PC info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name TYLER-PC

System Manufacturer MSI

System Model MS-7821

Motherboard MSI87-g45

Power supply CX750M W

GPU PNY factory *oc Geforce gtx 780 ti

HDD Seagate 4TB, (I have a second hdd that I booted up, same problem accrued, so I don't think its my hdd)

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @
    3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V1.7, 2/20/2014

SMBIOS Version 2.8

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 12.4 GB

Total Virtual Memory 31.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 27.9 GB

Page File Space 15.9 GB

My issue:

My PC boots up perfectly fine, but once it boots up when you start to move around the mouse cursor it sometimes freezes in spot for less than a second, then it unfreezes. Everything else on the computer seems to work fine.

Another problem is when I try to run a game, my computer runs the game fine when its in the menu, but once you start playing 1-3 min into the game maybe less than that the computer freezes up. I gets checkered boxes all across both my monitors. I will provide picture at bottom of page.

One other problem I notice is when i type it could freeze time to time. Just like the mouse, but it happens less.

Please give me some advice on what I could do to solve this issue or if you think a part of my computer is faulty. Note I have had this computer for 8 months and has worked perfectly fine, till now.

Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/qvPM0

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Possibly overheating. Have you opened the case and checked for dust/dirt buildup on the heat sinks and fans?

Typically, display issues (as noted in the images) indicate a gpu/video card fault, but could also be heat or power related.

3. replay

replay

Your video card needs a minimum of a 600w power supply
    Also the corsair u have is a cx model....... Not designed for power hungry video cards....

CX Series Modular power supply units are an excellent choice for basic system builds and desktop PC computer upgrades, offering high reliability, low noise, and the flexibility of modular cabling.

from here .......... http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cx-ser...750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

4. marbski

marbski

it could be a bad hard drive... try to check bad sector on it... if there is the try chkdsk command...

5. tyler2015

tyler2015 Thread Starter

As I already quoted above "HDD Seagate 4TB, (I have a second hdd that I booted up, same problem accrued, so I don't think its my hdd)" So it can't be the hard drive.

6. tyler2015

tyler2015 Thread Starter

Yes, I agree that my card is power hungry, but yet again I still think the CX750M should be well capable to power and run a perfect module of Geforce gtx 780ti.

7. tyler2015

tyler2015 Thread Starter

It can't be overheating, as I have said above "It happens 1 to 3 min of when game starts or even less time." I have already ran heat tests as well. So I know it's not a heat issue.

8. tyler2015

tyler2015 Thread Starter

9. replay

replay

In the other forum
    Are u saying that u pulled the video card and used the onboard video and everything was fine??
    So u determined the video card was faulty???
    If the video card is NOT getting enough juice (from the cx power supply) it would produce problems like pixelation.....loss of video etc...etc

10. tyler2015

tyler2015 Thread Starter

Yes, that is exactly what I did. And for your second comment about Not getting enough juice, I had called PNY tech support to ask about the power supply toward their PNY Factory *OC Geforce GTX 780ti graphics card. They confirmed that the CX750M should be well stable to handle the card and the other components.

^ I did this before I shipped the gpu, just to be sure. But then again maybe the power supply is faulty. That I wont know until I get my new gpu and have it installed. I will keep you posted upon arrival of new card and its test.

11. replay

replay

Did u read the text in post no 3
    This is from corsair........ For BASIC builds
    I wouldn't call your system with your video card a "basic build"
    But anyway........chances are u could have a bad card......

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice