1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

whats wrong with my leadtek ti500?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TimD, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TimD

TimD Thread Starter

my 3dmark2001 scores are pretty low(61-6200)

gigabyte ga-7vtxe
    AMD xp1900
    512mb 2100 DDR
    sound blaster live
    IBM 7200rpm
    leadtek geforce3 ti500

win98se ver 4.10.2222 A
    23.11 drivers (tried winfast, talk about terrible)

I've tried setting my agp aperture at 128 and 256, and they're both the same as it was on 64

i turned agp fast write on and off, same results

anyone have any ideas

my modem is on the same IRQ as the card, but the modem doesn't even get used, will that affect anything?

and lastly, i checked out my card earlier, and it looks as if the factory heatsink might not be making contact all that well with the card, but i didn't really want to pull their sink off in case i want to try for an RMA

2. brianF

brianF

6200 isn't a bad score, don't quite understand the problem.

I know running 3dmark multiple times will sometimes goof up the scores and you need to reboot inbetween.

My kid with a P3600 @800 ti200 gets around 5200

3. John Hale

John Hale

Just curious, how does it play games like Unreal Tournament? Actual play is really THE realtime test. How is your framerate or frame time? I tried several cards including Asus GeForce 3 until I found that 3DFX cards work the best for me.

4. TimD

TimD Thread Starter

a ti500 should perform much better than that with that hardware, i know people with ti200 getting that same score with slower comps.

now if i didn't know other peoples scores, would probably never bother me

i just don't like to buy something, and not get full potential out of it.

5. brianF

brianF

well according to this review using a 1.4tbird and an asus gforce3 your right on the mark or close, the test card pulled about the same as yours maybe lower depending on how you ran the test.
    http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/asusv8200/default.asp

One thing wrong with using 3dmark is if everyone doesn't run the default test it's worthless.

Also don't get caught with someone running 3dmark 2000 versus 3dmark 2001, not even close on results.

the ti200 is much more overclockable than the ti500 and that can make a difference in the scores.

It's amazing on people like to manipulate the test to get a better score.

I'm not registered with madonion anymore, would be interesting to check the actuals people are submitting for your setup

6. brianF

brianF

7. TimD

TimD Thread Starter

well, the fact that they got extremely similar benchmarks to mine at that site makes me feel somewhat more comfortable.

but the ting is my friend has the exact same computer, minus the fact that his has 2X256 and mine is 1x512 for ram

and the graphics card, his looks just like mine, but the winfast drivers say his isn't a winfast product.

anways, his computer pulls a 7600 and is clearly faster on nature and a few other of the benchmark tests.

thanks for the replies

8. brianF

brianF

9. TimD

TimD Thread Starter

thanks, i'll give em a try when i get off work :)

10. TimD

TimD Thread Starter

running out of ideas now

i contacted leadtek, and i'm thinking they have some sort of auto-reply thing going with suggestions, pissing me off.

i've tried everything possible now, via 4in1, different video drivers, every bios option, and every option in the driver controls

i can have on antialiasing or not and still get same score. i can set up for best quality or best performance, still same score. vert sync on and off same score. changed the aperture size. fast read/write on off, i always get the same score, it's freakin me out.

nothing has so much as changed my score, besides setting it to 16bit color, and that only increased it by 100points.

the only option i have if the company doesn't want to take my card back is to pull off the factory heatsink (its on there piss poor and can't be cooling anything worth a damn) and install my own cooling.

if that doesn't work my next paycheck will be replacing it and it will be going in my old k7 600mhz.

what a dissappointment this card has been

11. brianF

brianF

12. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

also go thru the gauntlet of test at pcpitstop... there may be some info there for you in the results.
    takes about an hr overall
    http://www.pcpitstop.com

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice