1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What's your favorite (FREEWARE) Image Editor??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by BigDaveinNJ, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

Project Dogwaffle, Pixia, Serif PhotoPlus 5.5...... etc? My favorite is ORIENS ENHANCER GOLD www.oriens-solution.com/enhancer/

I've tried them all... believe me, and I find Oriens Enhancer to be the best.

What's your favorite?

Thanks in advance

DAVID :)

2. slipe

slipe

IMO a beginner’s level program like that without layers doesn’t leave much room for advancing. You learn to do a few simple things and call that photo editing. If you want to learn advanced techniques and really get somewhere there is only one freeware and that is Gimp for Windows. It is very difficult to learn though.

3. runner340

runner340

Is there anything out there for simple minds like mine!:cool:

4. hewee

hewee

PhotoImpact is great and more easy to use then PSP or Photoshop.
    Not free but on sale you can get it for about 50.00.

5. slipe

slipe

Hard to know. I’m sure it is a matter of interest level rather than mental capacity. Gimp takes dedication. The older free version of PhotoPlus isn’t bad: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/serif/ph/ph5/index.asp?ref=&SP= Or you could try the software that Big Dave linked.

Other than Gimp there isn’t really any good photo editing freeware.

6. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

Have any of you guys tried either PROJECT DOGWAFFLE or PIXIA?

Just wondering......

DAVID :)

7. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

Slipe,
    The download methond for the PhotoPlus free from the link you posted realy sucks. I gave up...

8. slipe

slipe

Maybe they changed it. I had to answer some questions but I downloaded it without much problem.

9. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

Gimp is the only really powerfull thing out there that is free. Its actully not any wierder to learn than lets say photoshop. YOu can do cool things really quick... and there are free online books!
    Grokking The Gimp

10. Alaska

Alaska

Well I thank you for mentioning this "Gimp" I'd never heard of it but I'm going to have to download it and see if an old dog can learn new tricks.

Thanks again

11. PhillJ

PhillJ

For basic photo resizing, cropping etc I use Irfanview (www.irfanview.com).

for anything more advanced I prefer Pixia, have Tried gimp but it's more than I need at the moment. I've also tried Oriens Enhancer which I found had a confusing interface and unstable (it's crashed on at least 2 PCs I've tried it on).

Phill:J

12. Corrosive

Corrosive

The GIMP is free and is nearly as powerful as Photoshop. Yes, it's complicated, but get over it and you have one hell of an image editor.

Personally, I use PSP5. I got that free on the front of a magazine. Look out for deals like that: most companies let magazines give away full versions of older pieces of software. It often happens if there is a newer version soon to be released. It's a try(the old version)-before-you-buy(the latest version).

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice