Whats Your Opinion - CCleaner vs WinUtilities

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Johnny b

John
I haven't used a registry cleaner since Win 98se and it was a disaster waiting to happen even then.

I used to use Ccleaner to clean out files on a Win7 Home 64bit system until it broke an app.
I began comparing CC to the default Win7 cleaner and there wasn't much difference.
(note: This computer was only used offline)
So I don't use CC for Win 10 either. Default is good enough for me.

My Linux system, used for accessing the Internet, is a Live distro and only saves sessions as an option I seldom choose. So no issues of junk/old file buildup.

crjdriver

As I said, when you compare the size of the files, it is hard to understand your statement.
wise care is crapware
Please post a link to substantiate this assertion.

crjdriver

I still have not seen a link substantiating your post saying it is crapware. If it is your opinion, please state as such.

I don't want to get in between of you 2 but cant resist to share my opinion for those applications which have various "gold awards" on their web page are so distracting, not because awards are bad or misleading but because it reminds me of "You win a lottery" and similar adds 😐

Back to original question "CCleaner vs WinUtilities?"
Your main criterion when comparing software in this case should be frequency of updates because programmatic system cleanup requires frequent updates, as frequent as for AV updates.

Why? because millions of programs exist installed on many different flavors of Windows, that means a lot of software changes every now and then, therefore cleaners can get out of date very fast, in fact cleaner can never be 100% up to date, just like Anti Viruses.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online