1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Whea uncorrectable error & red screen of death

Discussion in 'Games' started by jh10wgp, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jh10wgp

jh10wgp Thread Starter

Hello lovely tech support people,

So I recently completed building my first computer to play Warhammer Total War, these are the specifications for the build:

Case: CiT Vanquish Gaming Toolless Case with USB3 Port, Side Window, Card Reader and 2 x 12CM Green Led Fans
    Power Supply: Corsair CP-9020015-UK Builder Series CX750 ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit, 750 W
    Motherboard: Z97-K
    Processor: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.20GHz
    CPU fan: Alpenföhn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler - 120 mm
    RAM: It originally came with 8GB of Hyper X Ram but I bought another 16GB of RAM and have mounted it in to the board as well
    Graphics Card: MSI AMD R9 380 Gaming Graphics Card
    Memory: Kingston Technology 480GB Solid State Drive

So having whipped all of this together I've been experiencing a couple of problems. Firstly when I'm in the easy tuning wizard of my BIOS and try to set the BIOS to gaming or overclock it in anyway it will show Whea uncorrectable error when it tries to load up and crash. I can only get the system to boot by putting it down to normal. Everything will then be ok until I try and game with the thing. The computer can load Warhammer Total War and sometimes I'll be able to play for an hour or 2 (including battles) but it will then tend to freeze or end up at the dreaded Red Screen Of Death. The unit sizes are also a fourth smaller than they are meant to be even though I picked the suggested ultra graphics setting in the game set up.

I don't know what the problem is and am pretty bummed I can't get it to work, according to my graphics card software I have all of the latest drivers. Any help you guys can give me would be hugely appreciated, For Sigmar!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1173491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice