1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WHEA Uncorrectable Error

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mburns, Jan 12, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

Hello to all,

I just installed Windows 10 about a week ago and all updates are installed. Lately I've been getting a blue screen crash with "WHEA Uncorrectable Error".

What I'm seeing on Google as a possible common cause is low CPU voltage. I'm not really sure how to check that. Is there some diagnostic I could run and post here that might help with diagnosis?

I appreciate any help someone may be able to offer.

2. Sponsor

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

4. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

Attached Files:

5. Macboatmaster

1. I actually meant this
    https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

please send it

2. If you have a dump file please send a copy of it
    Windows
    MiniDump
    right click dump file
    send to compressed - on desktop and attach to reply

3. You cannot successfully run 64 bit windows with 2GB ram I am not suggesting that is the cause of the problem but you should consider increasing ram to 4GB

4. I would start with uninstalling Avast especially if it is the free version
    and using Windows Defender

5. I would also cease the use of CCleaner it is not needed on 10 and in default mode will likely cause problems

6. If malwarebytes is the paid for version, turn off real time protection
    If it is the expired trial and therefore now the free version with scan on demand only then uninstall it.
    It does appear that there is some manner of problem with the loading of malwarebytes on occasion as a report was created that the file was not digitally signed
    7. WHEA
    This bug check is typically related to physical hardware failures. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed. If over-clocking has been enabled, try disabling it. Confirm that any cooling systems such as fans are functional. Run system diagnostics to confirm that the system memory is not defective. It is less likely, but possible that a driver is causing the hardware to fail with this bug check.

We may know more when we can look at the dump

6. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3977 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -2043 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 449 GB (405 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, EA70_BM
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I have corrected the memory issue in MSConfig so maybe that will help the problem!

I am unable to access the dump file in order to compress it. When I right click I don't see a choice for granting admin privileges. My account shows that I am Local Administrator.

I've uninstalled Avast and activated Windows Defender.

CCleaner has been uninstalled.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  7. Johnny-be-Good

Johnny-be-Good

First Name:
    John
  8. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

9. Johnny-be-Good

Johnny-be-Good

First Name:
    John
  10. Macboatmaster

What have you done in msconfig please
    That is only for testing purposes
    Max Mem and Processor should both be left unchecked
    These options are meant for troubleshooting and not normal running. Regardless of what value is shown, so long as the checkbox Maximum memory: remains unticked (clear), as shown here, your system will use the full amount of memory installed (subject to the limitations imposed by a 32-bit OS, if using 32-bit). Likewise, if Number of processors: is unchecked then your system will use all available cores, otherwise if that option is checked it will be restricted to the number of cores stated.

If you set either you will have problems

when you right click dump file and hold your mouse button you should see the menu send to compressed
    what do you see

11. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

Both are unchecked.

I"m getting a security error from the forum when I try to upload Memory.zip

12. Macboatmaster

Please be more descriptive in your answer
    You said

so I posted a full reply and explanation asking
    together with the explaining of msconfig.
    and with respect all I get back from you is
    Please bear in mind that ALL I have to work with is what you tell me

The same applies to the dump - firstly I am told
    now I am informed
    It would be better if you could spend just a little longer making your explanations.

Are the dump files in Minidumps as I asked or full memory dumps
    I presume you are not trying to zip the whole folder
    You open the folder and ZIP the actual file

PLEASE type your reply in the box that appears when you return to the topic NOT by clicking reply on my post - that as you can see quotes all back to me - please only quote any aspect you especially wish to highlight to me

13. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

In MSConfig, in the "Advanced Options" on "Boot" tab, both "Number of Processors" and "Maximum Memory" boxes are unchecked.

I have just enabled the minidump. At the moment there is only the full memory dump. I will have to wait for another crash.

14. Macboatmaster

Yes I realise that but you said
    so what I am asking is HOW please

Normally when a system is configured for a memory dump it also creates a minidump
    Minidump files are useful to pretty much everyone because they contain basic information like the error message associated with a blue-screen of death. They’re stored in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder by default. Both types of dump files have the file extension .dmp.

Even when your system is configured to create an kernel, complete, or automatic memory dump, you’ll get both a minidump and a larger MEMORY.DMP file.
    Have you checked the mini dump folder please

15. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

The minidump.rar file is attached.

Attached Files:

16. Macboatmaster

Thank you
    It would have been so much easier if you had made that reply in the first place by simply saying I unchecked the box MAX MEM - etc.

Presuming you checked it in the first place, this may well have been the cause of the dumps

So you did have a minidump

Post back if you get another crash
    Analysing dump files is labour intensive
    I do not propose to do so if it is not necessary.

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202803