1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WHEA Uncorrectable Error

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mburns, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

Thank you for the help. If it crashes again, I'll post the file.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

Cheers
    I had a quick look and it shows memory compression.
    Windows 10 compresses data in ram automatically as that is a lot quicker than using the page file - where ram data is written to the hard drive
    However with so little ram - when you had max mem checked there is a slight chance that this may have caused the problem

We will as I said wait and see
    In the meantime if you get a dump for WHEA or indeed any dump - post it on the topic
    I know you have uninstalled it but CCleaner is treated too often as a system maintenance programme and it is as I said not needed on 10 as if you leave 10 alone to manage its own system it will do so
    It will check and defrag your drive automatically
    3 rd party tools for system maintenance on 10 IMHO cause more problems than they ever solve

3. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

Cheers, Mac,

Simple is good. Thanks again!

4. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

Crash occurred last night. Here is the file and again, thank you so much for your time on this!

Attached Files:

5. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

This is the latest dump file. It just happened. Im not sure if adding this second file is of any use but here it is anyway.

Attached Files:

6. Macboatmaster

That is great - a zip file rather than a rar
    as I had to install winzip to open the rar
    If you could resend the one on post 19 as a zip that would save me a lot of work

In the meantime
    I presume there is no overclock - however if there is as above

Also run Windows Memory Diagnostic please - memtest is better in some respects but WMD will do to start with

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff700221.aspx

run the standard test it will run automatically on two complete passes and then the computer will restart
    when you sign in you should see the results

7. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

Don't bother. If all you will do is complain, I'll get help somewhere else.

8. Macboatmaster

I just do not know what you mean I have just looked at the last dump for you
    The problem is ram
    Memory manager detected 37544 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption.
    either the physical ram or the page file in the hard drive

All I was saying was that it was great to get the zip file as I can open that no problem
    whereas I do not have software on the computer to open the rar file and I merely asked if you would kindly send the other dump as a zip
    I installed WinZip specially last night to look at the rar dump you sent and then uninstalled it after

I just thought you could send the other dump as a zip that was all
    I am surprised

I thought posting this
    you would understand. I am upset by your response.

9. mburns

mburns Thread Starter

I had 7zip installed and could do nothing but get access denied. I just reformatted the machine last week after getting it and didn't have Winzip on it. I do appreciate your efforts here it just seems there is more info passed about how I'm not bringing the information correctly and not much in the way of anything else.

Thank you for your help and Happy New Year. :D

10. Macboatmaster

I am not about to enter into an online exchange
    However for the benefit of anyone reading the topic and seeing your posts 22 and 24 I wish to point out

1. YOUR dump on post 20 is a ZIPPED file

The dump on post 19 is a rar compression
    All I asked was after seeing that the dump on post 20 was a zip - could you possibly resend the dump on 19 as a zip

2. As regards
    I made recommends regarding possible causes re software
    I pointed out the ram issue even if unknown to me you had seen it
    I explained max mem to you
    I have looked at two dumps
    I have made recommend re WMD
    and now raised the possibility of a drive issue.

That said I have now withdrawn from your topic and as far as I am concerned the issue is closed
    If you are unhappy with the help I have attempted to give you - you may report the topic for consideration by a Admin or Moderator of the site
    Simply click the report button and explain what it is you are unhappy with

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice