WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Looked though your logs for errors for a minute

1589960615438.png

Try disabling MS game bar, and also running STEAM in windows 8 compatibility mode just see what happens also make sure you try different AMD driver for your RX 580. I see also you have 24GB of system memory so I would guess that its 2x4 +2x8 - not sure if the kits are matched but ... if they have different default voltage (example one kit is ddr4 3200 @ 1.35v and the other is ddr4 2800 @ 1.2v) there could be an issue with your system trying to figure out how to run both kits. Since you also have general stability issues even in chrome that would lead to an overall stability issue where you may need to set one or two voltages manually.

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Blu_86
It is three x 8GB so there is one matched pair and one single dim populated
I think the stick in channel 1B is AData

BankLabel : BANK 1
Manufacturer : 859B
MemoryType : DDR4
FormFactor : DIMM
Capacity : 8GB
Speed : 2400
Serial : E1BC3100
PartNumber : BLS8G4D26BFSEK.8FD
ECC : False
TypeDetail : {Synchronous}

BankLabel : BANK 2
Manufacturer : 04CB
Serial : 199A0000
PartNumber : DDR4 2400 2OZ

BankLabel : BANK 3
Manufacturer : 859B
Serial : E1BC3262
PartNumber : BLS8G4D26BFSEK.8FD

Problem122
My colleague raises a possible source of the problem, I had seen the three sticks from the logs and it is always best to run that motherboard with MATCHED ram, that is you buy the ram as a kit, so that get exactly matched sticks by way of chips - layout of them, timings, latency etc.
Try taking out the one stick that is I think the AData
leaving in the two CRUCIAL sticks.
As you said earlier you added ram, so presumably this stick of AData when you changed the processor as well, it MAY indeed be this stick of ram, not faulty as such, as we have tested that, but as my colleague says, mismatched to the system.

PUT one of those in DIMMA2 and one in DIMMB2
Counting from your processor that is the second and last slot
see your motherboard manual page 28

I have already sent you the link for your board - here it is again in case you need to refer to it
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z390-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC#down-manual

THIS IS the crucial ram - you have
16384 MB
Type Dual Channel (128 bit) DDR4-SDRAM
Frequency 1665.7 MHz (DDR4-3332) - Ratio 3:50
Timings 16-20-20-38-76-1
Crucial Technology 8192 MB (DDR4-2662) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: BLS8G4D26BFSEK.8FD

If this solves it, I will be very pleased for you and grateful to my colleague for raising the issue.
I will be kicking myself for not remembering that I had seen the three sticks a lot earlier in the topic, but forgot to tell you to take the odd single stick of Adata out.

Last edited:

Problem122

I took out the ram in question and now my PC won't start up, I tried putting it back it but it still would not start up. All ram are firmly in place. Also I cannot change steam to run from Windows 8 comparability mode because there is no Windows 10 one. I do not understand the other things mentioned.

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
1. Sorry you have confused me. You say

Also I cannot change steam to run from Windows 8 comparability mode because there is no Windows 10 one.
However the other member said

Try disabling MS game bar, and also running STEAM in windows 8 compatibility mode
Try running it IN 8 compatibility mode.
I cannot comment on it, as I have no knowledge of Steam, but I have not seen any reports of it being incompatible with 10, and understand that changes were made to Steam by Valve to cater for its use on 10 and latterly I understand because of a recently discovered security hole in Steam

2. RAM
On that motherboard there are
EZ debug LEDS and a RAM LED
see page 43 of your manual

ARE YOU 100% sure that you have the two Crucial sticks in DIMM slots as described by me on my last and that you have inserted the stick in
Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first.
and then DIMM B2.

If you are not, power down, disconnect power cord of course, hold down power button for 20 seconds to discharge any remaining charge from circuits, take them out, by releasing clips both ends, and holding only edges of ram sticks not the chips, due to static risk.
Insert one stick A2 making sure stick is fully inserted by pushing in from the top edge, gently along its length, clips should automatically drop back into slots.
Repeat with B2 and then reconnect power and boot
Leave case open so that you can see leds as described.

Problem122

My apologies, I had mis read. Also I have done as you asked and I am still comming to that blue screen I sent a picture of.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do appreciate it is a silly question, but I take it you closed all those memtest windows/ or stopped each of the eight tests, you posted at 0357hrs, before proceeding with anything.
MemTest will report any errors that it finds as soon as it finds them, so if you do not see any error messages then all testing so far has been successful. Once you start testing MemTest will continue to test your RAM until you tell it to stop, or quit.
It should not make a difference to the situation, although of course you did not want to leave them running, once it had reported no errors as on your screenshot.

Is the ram showing in BIOS setup
If so and it is showing correctly come out of BIOS
power on and when you get to the blue screen
press RESET button on tower
NOT the power off large button

Problem122

Yes I did close out the memtests and the ram is showing up in the bios. I clicked the reset button and the problem still persists, I'm stuck on this blue screen

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Leave just the ONE stick in DIMM A2 the second slot from the processor
take the other one out.

I know we have been at this a long time, but bear with it, I realise how terribly upset you must be.
It is certainly nothing that was done before the ram issue.

As you know all was working OK apart from the existing problem of the crashes.

If that does not work - the one stick on A2, we will have to try a boot from another device.
This will eliminate a ram problem and then we will be left with a Windows problem.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I know it seems a rather silly question but on that blue screen you have I take it clicked on EXIT and continue to Windows 10.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you tried my suggestion in post 71.
I know you are working hard at this, but please try and answer all points, it saves us both time.

Problem122

Yes I have tried it and it did not work. And its quite alright.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online