Whee to get best rate on XP Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kingsmills58

Microsoft says I have a bad XP pro. I know I paid for it but guy sho put computer together for me could have used any copy he had around. I didn't get my copy back. Anyway this was 3 years ago. Need some info on where to get XP pro reasonably.
thanks

You could get an OEM version of Windows as long as you buy a piece of hardware (buy something cheap) with it.

I would wait for Vista though....

no point in buying xp when vista is coming out... just wait another week or so... itll be worth it

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
I doubt a three year old PC will run Vista without some serious issues or sinking a lot of money into upgrades.

MysticEyes

Banned
ferrija1 said:
I'm not trying to turn this into a Vista thread but for Aero and all the other feature you only need 1 GB of RAM, a 1GHz processor, an a 128 MB graphics card. That's not much.
That's barely enough to run XP decently. Does this come from a real world test, or some MS PR sheet?

MysticEyes said:
That's barely enough to run XP decently. Does this come from a real world test, or some MS PR sheet?
It's from MS's site but I've seen people running XP with 256MB of RAM. :eek:

I've seen Windows XP selling for real cheap at a flea market booth run by a Nigerian.....Is that suspicious??? :D

Regards,
Rollin

MysticEyes

Banned
ferrija1 said:
It's from MS's site but I've seen people running XP with 256MB of RAM. :eek:
Well MS wants to sell their product. Running with 256MB? I it's more like a walk. :) And I like my SPDIF audio output, to see it disabled over some Vista DRM nonsense is unacceptable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online