1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wheel mouse optical - can't find software I used before

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Valacapt, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Valacapt

Valacapt Thread Starter

I'm reinstalling software and devices after a Windows 2000 re-install. I had saved the install file
    of Intellipoint for my Wheel Mouse Optical, but now that I have it installed it is not as I
    remember. There are two problems:

1. I can't seem to assign the wheel for all of the scrolling I had. I was able to scroll up and down by
    turning the wheel, and I can do that now. Previously, though, if I held the wheel down I would get a little compass rose in the
    center of the screen and could go in any direction by moving the cursor to the right or left or up or down, and it would vary the speed by how far the cursor was from the center.

2. I can't find the button that shuts off the pointer when typing, with a setting about how long to
    wait before lighting up again.

I must have had something else and didn't save, or lost, the installation. There are lots of
    choices available, but can anyone give me a little help by directing me to the particular one which does those
    two things?

Thank you,

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. Valacapt

Valacapt Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.

I used IE to get to the URL you included, and the file there is the same one I have. I still went ahead and opened it, but then it told me that the version installed was identical.

Whatever program I had was an "official" one, I think - perhaps an old version or something?

Perhaps I have chosen the wrong function from the list for button assignment. I have it set to Auto Scroll because I don't see anything else that looks appropriate.

4. Valacapt

Valacapt Thread Starter

One of the problems solved: I stopped to install a navigation program in which I depend heavily on the "scroll in any direction", and it does work. I see that I checked "program specific" and perhaps that is it. I will go to other software and check that.

Only remaining: Removing the pointer when typing. I really would like to get that one solved.

Thanks for replying.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice