1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wheel not working on Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edals, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. edals

edals Thread Starter

I have a MS Optical Wheel mouse plugged into the docking station on my Sony XG700 notebook and cannot get the system to recognize the fact that it is a wheel mouse. I installed the drivers that came with it (Intellipoint 4.0) and there selected the Opt. Wheel mouse, but the wheel doesn't work. When I go to the mouse properties it sees an external mouse hooked up, but only sees "Basic Mouse" and "Microsoft Mouse", no "Wheel Mouse". When I go to the wheel tab, all is faded out (not available). Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Forgot to add that I am running Windows ME.

2. deuce

deuce

Have you selected the CORRECT model mouse in the intellipoint software? A lot of the ms mouses are very similar, but still need different drivers. What ms does is give you this cd with the drivers to all their mice and you pick the one you need. That is what I suspect, that it isn't using the correct driver.

3. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Is it hooked up via USB? If so, see <a href=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q305820> this </a>article.

Let us know what happens.

4. edals

edals Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Sorry it took me a while to respond, before going out of town, the forums were down, just now got to check them again.

I had a "standard" MS Wheel mouse hooked up before and never could get it to work either. I am sure that I selected the correct drivers off of the CD (tried it more then once). I am using the PS2 port and not the the USB port.

Guess I'll just "beat" on it some more. I was wondering if there could be a conflict with the mouse pad settings on the notebook itself and the external mouse, but I know of other people that use both.

I am open to anymore suggestions. I feel like I am overlooking something simple. :(

5. deuce

deuce

So are you using an USB adapter to hook the mouse up through the PS2? I wasn't aware that microsoft made a PS2 version of that mouse.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice